wiring problem ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss wiring problem ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went to a back boiler,controled by a programmer and room stat ,pumped central heating and gravity hot water,the problem is when the central heating is called for at the programmer the boiler will fire but the pump will not come on unless the room stat is turned up above room temp,so basically the room stat knocks the pump off and on,any ideas on the correct sequence and wiring set up

the programmer would probably be designed to have hot water alone or hot water and heating therefore the controls are working as they should

the programmer would probably be designed to have hot water alone or hot water and heating therefore the controls are working as they should
surly when i call for heat(ch)the pump should kick in,i should not after to turn room stat up ?

no this wiring set up is actually quite common for gravity systems

Craig gas is spot on, if you turn the heating on and the stat is satisfied the pump wont heat the house because it is already hot enough.

It would be better for customer to have a fully pumped system Desrob, that's the most efficient way forward

Think about it.

It is wired
hw on - boiler sl
ch on - stat com
stat call - pump

It should be a 10 program programmer.
If a 16 is used (or set to 16) the boiler won't come on when CH only is selected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think about it.

It is wired
hw on - boiler sl
ch on - stat com
stat call - pump

It should be a 10 program programmer.
If a 16 is used (or set to 16) the boiler won't come on when CH only is selected.
thank you the penny has dropped

no chance, it's a tenanted property and typical landlord won't spend a penny,i havr tried.

Problem for the landlord is that it is classed as a home improvement and not tax deductable. You can only claim it back when you sell the house. If the rent is just covering the mortgage, what can he do.... just a fact of life either renting a property or being a lanlord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
Yes I had an ancient boiler set up like that...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think that the op is talking about the...
Replies
Views
Back