woodburner with only a Gravity system? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss woodburner with only a Gravity system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Good

I've been struggling to find a plumber who has experience of gravity systems so was hoping to pick your collective brains.....

I am having a Hunter Herald 14kw, with wrap-around boiler installed and intend to run room radiators on a pumped system as per the Hunter recommendations .

The room radiators and pipework will be installed next year, but in the meantime...

.....I have existing 28mm pipework to a 5kw heat leak radiator and to the hot water tank (originally used for a rayburn gravity fed system), but I would now like to connect it to the Herald instead.

I have just bought a copper f and e tank to complement this layout.

The system would be thermosyphoning with no pump, until I installed the room rads and pump next year.

Does this sound like a sensible set-up?

Any advice welcome!

Provided there is minimal horizontal run between stove and vertical gravity circulation pipes everything should be fine. Keep safety features in original pipework and metal float in F&E tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back