woodburning boiler stove | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss woodburning boiler stove in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supersyd

Hi
I am just about to plumb in a woodburning boiler stove.
It has 2 22mm pipes coming out the back which I wll plumb into the radiators and 2 28mm pipes which I will plumb into the hot water tank. Do I need to put in a heat sink into the hot water system and do I need to put in a seperate pump into the radiator system.
Thanks very much
Tim

Can you design the system so it works on gravity only so that the heat can be removed from the boiler if an electrical failier happens.

Also do you know that an incorrectly fitted stove is just has dangerous as a gas boiler .......... carbon monoxide

Also what happen if Dihydrogen Monoxide leaks?

Thanks for the replies.
I will make the 28 mm pipes to the water tank gavity feed but do I need a heat sink as well?
I have fiited quite a few woodburning stoves before and am awre of the risks but I have never fitted one with a boiler before.
Thanks very much for your imput
Tim

28mm to hot water gravity
22mm to rads pumped
No heat leak required

Generally yes but read, and understand, the mi's.
Also consider a metal header tank and a copper ball for easily thought out reasons.

Once again thanks very much I do have a copper header tank it is built in on tope of the hot water tank I will make sure it is a copper ball as well and go for it
Fingers crossed!

Check the stove MI's to see if they recommend a minimum cylinder size too,it sounds like a Fortic cylinder you have there so they can be on the small side,in which case you might need a heat leak. If in doubt I would speak to the manufacturer and go with their recommendations.

Yes it is quite a small tank and very small header so I may put a radiator in the ho****er system just to be sure.

Sorry did not know it was a combination cylinder you will need a heat leak rad

does the cylimder look like this
multistore-uncased-sm.jpg
This is a thermal store

No my tank is very old but it is a simular design it has the header tank built in as there is no access to the loft space.

Hi
Hot sure what the kw of this stove is as I bought it second hand.
I think I will give it a go and just plumb it in.

Very old tank and old stove sound like a disaster waiting to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
Of yes of course, I never thought of that! At...
Replies
Views
That sounds like a good plan, I'll give that a...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I have sketched out parts but missing...
Replies
Views
D
H2 with combi and stove? Combi sealed system...
Replies
Views
Back