Worc 24i junior (lpg) fault intresting one | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worc 24i junior (lpg) fault intresting one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I went out to a break down today the boiler was locking out constantly. press reset and the boiler tried to fire it made some gurgling noises and fan sounded strained, Case off general inspection, bam! first thing; condense trap full of black/grey gunk. started to unscrew the burner inspection plate at the bottom of the burner an loads of milkly grey water started coming out, I swiftly screwed it back on.

Next actions:

Drained condense trap of water and gunk there were grey hard lumps.. like pebbles in the trap.
The sump had some sludge in it I cleaned that out.
Also cleaned the bottom of the burner through the inspection plate.
ensured condese pipe was clear.
Re-assembled.

Gave worc tech a quick ring, the guy had never heard of such a problem so he went to ask a colleague.

worc tech :"is there any building work close by?"
Me: "yep the are mixing cement and cutting slabs with grinders"
worc tech:"sounds like the boiler has inhaled some dust, my colleague has come across this before"
Me: "thats a good theory!!!"

So basically I ran the boiler up and tested the flue gas and the flue pressure both were good to my surprise. boiler working perfectly again I left the premises thinking jobs a good un!

Customer rings back 20 mins ago saying theres no hw or ch but it sounds like the boiler is running and its not going into lockout. any ideas what this second fault may be? It sounds like its not completing its ignition process to me, pressure switch for the fan mabey? how can i test that?

I went out to a break down today the boiler was locking out constantly. press reset and the boiler tried to fire it made some gurgling noises and fan sounded strained, Case off general inspection, bam! first thing; condense trap full of black/grey gunk. started to unscrew the burner inspection plate at the bottom of the burner an loads of milkly grey water started coming out, I swiftly screwed it back on.

Next actions:

Drained condense trap of water and gunk there were grey hard lumps.. like pebbles in the trap.
The sump had some sludge in it I cleaned that out.
Also cleaned the bottom of the burner through the inspection plate.
ensured condese pipe was clear.
Re-assembled.

Gave worc tech a quick ring, the guy had never heard of such a problem so he went to ask a colleague.

worc tech :"is there any building work close by?"
Me: "yep the are mixing cement and cutting slabs with grinders"
worc tech:"sounds like the boiler has inhaled some dust, my colleague has come across this before"
Me: "thats a good theory!!!"

So basically I ran the boiler up and tested the flue gas and the flue pressure both were good to my surprise. boiler working perfectly again I left the premises thinking jobs a good un!

Customer rings back 20 mins ago saying theres no hw or ch but it sounds like the boiler is running and its not going into lockout. any ideas what this second fault may be? It sounds like its not completing its ignition process to me, pressure switch for the fan mabey? how can i test that?
are they sure its running? condensate backing up normally kills the fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I'm hoping it is a flue issue tbh!
Replies
Views
A
Cheers RPM.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
P
You need to be a gsr to work on all aspects of...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Think the appropriate phrase for this should...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Iam sure this job is ruddy cursed...
Replies
Views
Back