Worc 37 cdi Lpg gas leak | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worc 37 cdi Lpg gas leak in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a call from one of my customers today saying that they got a smell of gas from their worc 37 Cdi (its worse in the mornings when the boiler has been off all night), went to have a look at it. Did a drop test and the leakage rate was in the permissible range, however was a smell of gas at the boiler.
Removed the case strong waft of LP, Leak sprayed all the joints on the boiler & gas valve, No bubbles but wafting smells of gas around the gas valve & also around Max C02 adjustment valve & intake. Is there a possibility that the solenoid on the gas valve could be bypassing?
I put my U-gauge on the inlet Test nipple on the gas valve and got 37mb I then Isolated the gas at the isolation point on the boiler jig I then observed a 1mbar drop over 2 mins. which in my books would indicate a leak on the boiler(assuming the GV does not absorb some of the gas pressure), if there is a leak its so small I cant detect it with LDF.
Any thoughts on this guys? evidently I the installation has been made safe.

The permissible drop on LPG is dependant on the IV of the installation. From IGE UP 1B3, appliances connected. No drop allowed with no appliances connected.

Installation Volume Permissible Drop
≤ 0.0025m³ 2 mbar
> 0.0025m³ ≤0.005m³ 1 mbar
> 0.005m³ ≤0.01m³ 0.5 mbar
> 0.01m³ ≤0.035m³ No Perceptible Movement (Fall)

get a sniffer, I have traced leaks with mine that ldf has failed to find, mine is a kane sniffer, looked after they last ok, thrown in a toolbag and theyll break in a couple of weeks at the flexi joint with the machine

The permissible drop on LPG is dependant on the IV of the installation. From IGE UP 1B3, appliances connected. No drop allowed with no appliances connected.

Installation Volume Permissible Drop
≤ 0.0025m³ 2 mbar
> 0.0025m³ ≤0.005m³ 1 mbar
> 0.005m³ ≤0.01m³ 0.5 mbar
> 0.01m³ ≤0.035m³ No Perceptible Movement (Fall)

Interesting? Historically the larger the volume the greater the permissible drop. Has this changed?

get a sniffer, I have traced leaks with mine that ldf has failed to find, mine is a kane sniffer, looked after they last ok, thrown in a toolbag and theyll break in a couple of weeks at the flexi joint with the machine

What the little pen type one thats about 50 quid? are they any good? I was looking at an anton on the other day which was about 120

Needs a new gas valve pal, if its prettle valve (solonoids on rear) it's obsolete, you need the sit valve kit

had the anton sniffer which attached to an analyser, now i've got the yellow kane one and i've got to say the anton is a 100 times better, the kane is way to sensitive, takes and age to turn on and batteries cant be charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah but they don't always just detect Natural...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Its not totally straight .
Replies
Views
Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
Back