worcester 24 le combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 24 le combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
desrob, it could be one of B-Gas hybrids ... Check out the 24CDi paperwork see if they're the same? BG put their name to a good few boilers, maybe they still do!

desrob, it could be one of B-Gas hybrids ... Check out the 24CDi paperwork see if they're the same? BG put their name to a good few boilers, maybe they still do!

well done, you know your stuff thanks,the hot water is dumping down the flow when dhw is asked for and water temp at tap is poor,am i to presume the diaprahm is knackered ?

More likely the diverter sticking/passing ... Just as easy to replace the whole thing ... :)

More likely the diverter sticking/passing ... Just as easy to replace the whole thing ... :)

probably other things to look for as well,blocked plate heat exchanger,this may have killed the diverter in the first place,and rare but does happen burst mixers/showers

probably other things to look for as well,blocked plate heat exchanger,this may have killed the diverter in the first place,and rare but does happen burst mixers/showers

True gasman .. Usually crud in system will give rise to rads heating when running hot taps!

True gasman .. Usually crud in system will give rise to rads heating when running hot taps!

had some numpty tenant last week connect hot and cold w/m taps together with a hose because one was dripping did not have the sense to turn wm taps off killed the diverter bottom spring dumping down like fun

do you think if i remove diverter valve replace pin ,spring, diaprahm and give it a good clean, give plate a good rinse through it will do the job

do you think if i remove diverter valve replace pin ,spring, diaprahm and give it a good clean, give plate a good rinse through it will do the job

I think you can get a full service kit for these valves desrob, is it for yourself or a customer? The sticking valve is in the main body so I doubt it'll make much difference cleaning the domestic water side ...

As per diamondgas it is a 24CDI and the standard Worcester 8-716-140-553-0 diaphram kit should do the job I believe. Can clean or change the Plate H/E while its off.

As per diamondgas it is a 24CDI and the standard Worcester 8-716-140-553-0 diaphram kit should do the job I believe. Can clean or change the Plate H/E while its off.

done this today, customer would not go for a full valve replacement, so i replaced the diaprahm,put it all back together only for it to leak from the plate heat exchanger,could not replace o rings because i did not have right size and the hot water outlet one was a hard plastic wide affair and of course i did not have that either, i will have to get o ring set for this boiler on monday, with more experience i'd have realized these would be needed and got them prior to taking the job on,i arrived at 10.30 and i was still there at 5 o'clock, and the job is still not finished, no wonder the customers plumber mate did not want to do the job,defo a learning curve this one and i'll know better next time.

new o rings wont help much smear them with silicone sealer on re assembly its the only cure its one of the reasons i detest worcesters

I think you can get a full service kit for these valves desrob, is it for yourself or a customer? The sticking valve is in the main body so I doubt it'll make much difference cleaning the domestic water side ...

the fact that the valve can be stuck in main body (pushing pin),is a concern,a new valve was my choice of action but the fact it was 115,detered the punter,who may in long run have to but one.

done this today, customer would not go for a full valve replacement, so i replaced the diaprahm,put it all back together only for it to leak from the plate heat exchanger,could not replace o rings because i did not have right size and the hot water outlet one was a hard plastic wide affair and of course i did not have that either, i will have to get o ring set for this boiler on monday, with more experience i'd have realized these would be needed and got them prior to taking the job on,i arrived at 10.30 and i was still there at 5 o'clock, and the job is still not finished, no wonder the customers plumber mate did not want to do the job,defo a learning curve this one and i'll know better next time.

just curious did you charge them per hour on this one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
I understand, thanks for letting me know.
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
Back