Worcester 240 RSF | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 240 RSF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John The Rad

Got called out to fix a Worcester 240 RSF boiler
Symptoms were, Heating but no hot water.
Simple job. Replaced diaphragm. Also replaced micro switch assembly. The old one had a cracked shell.
Now I'm tearing my hair out because the symptoms have now reversed.
Hot water but no heating.
When I call for heat, or re-set, there is absolute silence (no pump no fan no clicks)
If I turn the hot tap on in the kitchen sink, the boiler bursts into life.
Checked the selector switch, that's OK
The Demand light does not illuminate
The fault finder in the manual says "Faulty flow switch" but I can't find a flow switch in this boiler. I don't think there is one.
Any Worcester bods out there who can help ?

If it worked okay befor you touched it then you've probably unpluged something ... Or a Gas man suggests, external controls not calling ...

The only external control is a Randal time switch, that's working OK (no room stat.)
Already thought of accidentally unplugging something checked everything.
Can't understand why the demand light isn't coming on.

Link out the external timer at the boiler John then you'll know whether the fault is internal or external ... If you aren't getting a demand light then that says something ... external controls or the selector switch primarily!

I Downloaded the wiring diagram and spotted the fault immediately.
Anyone still reading this, like to know the answer?

Sorry, just got back to check for postings.
Also a bit ashamed of the answer.
The wiring diagram showed that I had plugged the 6 pin plastic socket onto the board upside down. (it isn't designed to make that impossible)
No damage was possible, fortunately. but all I could get was hot water.
My explanation to the customer (of course) was carefully designed to make me look like an absolute genius in diagnosing the fault.
No harm done and no extra cost, and my lies were little and white.

Sorry, just got back to check for postings.
Also a bit ashamed of the answer.
The wiring diagram showed that I had plugged the 6 pin plastic socket onto the board upside down. (it isn't designed to make that impossible)
No damage was possible, fortunately. but all I could get was hot water.
My explanation to the customer (of course) was carefully designed to make me look like an absolute genius in diagnosing the fault.
No harm done and no extra cost, and my lies were little and white.
we all do it the art of lying is another trait we must possess

Go on John, give us a run down of your explanation to the customer.:yesnod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately we cannot, as you have to be Gas...
Replies
Views
Hi Inverness, I think its referenced in the...
Replies
Views
Check the sensing pipes? Check the push rod.
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
As long as the engineer is accredited to the...
Replies
Views
I think if there's a microswitch and diaphragm...
Replies
Views
Back