worcester 240 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 240 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Thought i'd ask on here as got a repair on one of these last time wrong

No hot/water or heating
power into the boiler and when call for temp pump spins
no 240 at the fan
followed cable down to pcb and nothing their so thinking pcb???

pressure was ok 1.5 bar
didnt check fuse on pcb

why you think low pressure switch?

did read of a common problem with it here before
need to loop wires over to by pass it

what happens when you call for hw ?

check all cables are ok, check fuse and all mentioned above before replacing something expensive

Isn't this the one with the manual overheat switch top right? I'd check that out first before you go swapping PCB's personally :)

EDIT ... It's the one with the manual red button re-set on top of the control box when you take the case front off! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the A.P.S in the Normally closed position? Or stuck open?
If memory serves - the 240 tests to make sure the A.P.S is closed before it sends power to the fan?

Overheat stat caused a similar problem on my sister-in-laws 240. It wouldn't reset and I had to replace the stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi ShaunCorbs I received a phone call from a...
Replies
Views
Awesome news. Nice easy job for you then.
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Check the emergency control valve is fully...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
Back