Worcester 24cdi central heating system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 24cdi central heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flux

I have a Worcester 24cdi combi boiler plumbed in as a sealed primary water system. I have a room stat in the living room. The temperature difference between the front and back of the house in winter is huge. This is why I want to install TRV's on the radiators to balance the temperature through out the house. Is it OK to fit TRV's to all the rads?

What happens if all the TRV'S shuts down before the living room stat?

The radiators in the room with the stat shouldn't have TRVs fitted. The problem may be an issue with balancing or undersized radiators have you checked this first. TRVs should be used to improve comfort and give greater energy efficiency not to rectify issues with poorly installed or badly set up systems.

Sorry I gave the wrong impression. Its not the rads that are colder or hotter they are all running at the same temperature when the heating is on.

As the sun comes around the house in winter it heats the back or the front of the house up at a different rate. So when the sun is heating the back of the house and the living room with the stat in is in the shad the thermostat is on but the back of the house then gets to hot because it being heated up by the sun as well as the heating.

When the sun comes around to the front of the house the thermostat switches off and the back of the house becomes to cold with no sun or a rad heating the rooms.

I hope I have explained it better this time round. Apologies for any confusion I should have looked at what I said from all directions before posting.

Can you suggest a solution to my problem on how to regulate the different temperatures more evenly throughout the house?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link it explains things very well.

Can you recommend any cheep but good wireless thermostats that actually work well?

If it's anything like wireless internet connections they are not great through walls etc.

Thanks

I have just bought a timeguard wireless programmable stat from tlc-direct for £40 odd. so far all is good

Cheap but good doesn't really compute. Get a honeywell one and you're less likely to have problems.

Don't buy salus. I've been using Sauter clocks and stats, had no issues.

what time clock do you have?

may be a better idea if available to fit a worcester plugin wireless stat or programable stat and get rid of your current stat and time control.

I only install Honeywell RF stats. Drayton, Salus etc give me no end of issues.

Yes you can fit TRVs to all of the rads, expect the one in the room where the room stat is fitted. I'd also recommend fitting an automatic bypass to the system if you go down this route. This protects the boiler from potential reduced flow rates caused by the TRVs all shutting down at once.

8 716 114 740 is the part number for the dedicated Worcester rf digistat

Thanks all for your advice and help. If I order the Honeywell DT92E will this work with my system OK?
I only use the old wired one at the moment for temp control and turning the boiler on/off so the 93E would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Yes I’d do that too, just shut the radiator...
Replies
Views
I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all above. I've done a few Evohomes...
Replies
Views
Back