worcester 24cdi combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 24cdi combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

help me please

Hi everyone,

I have joined this website hoping to get some advice on my boiler. I have a worcester 24cdi combi boiler; my radiator light keeps flashing and the pilot light will not ignite. I have refilled the water as the pressure was very low, and I am now at my wits end, has anyone got any ideas?

My husband is in the forces and works away a lot and what I don't want to do is call out an engineer and be ripped off!
Can anyone of you help a damsel in distress??

Thanks
Help me please

Hi Steve,

I sure have; it's as if the boiler starts up and it's trying to ignite the pilot light but it won't catch :0(
I have read the instructions and it is saying ignition lockout?

Last edited by a moderator:
The fault you have with this boiler requires a gas safe reg person. Depending how many flashes will indicate the fault.
Sounds like it has over heated. What area are you, there is bound to be someone on here thats local to you.

Another daft question .... Got gas? Do you have a prepayment meter that's ran out or faulted? Has the supply handle been accidentally turned off?

If none of the above then you'll need to get someone to look at it unfortunately :)

Steve,
I am on a gas meter and the payment did run out so put money on and it still didn't work. I am now on the phone to British gas.
Thanks very much for you help.
I have no gas at all and they think there could be a leak somewhere!!

Do you have a display message on the meter at all? HOW could they talk such tosh about gas leak???

Have you re-set the pre-payment meter before?

From memory it's put your card in and follow instructions... Hold 'A' I think until you hear the bleeps :)

Hopefully they'll get someone out to you tonight to check the meter?

Bod,

I didn't mean to upset you and I certainly don't think that all tradesmen are; I was mearly concerned that being a woman and not knowing anything about plumbing or gas that I would stand out like a sore thumb, and the way my luck is going at the moment I would be the one to get the rouge trader.
Apologies
Help me Please.

Steve,
All sorted now; they sent someone out and it was a faulty meter.
Thanks ever so much for you help and expertise its much appreciated. :waving:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Back