Worcester 24i Junior combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 24i Junior combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gas Lady Mids

Can anyone help?! I am brand new in the gas industry... one month approx. I had a call out on a worcester 24i junior boiler... When I arrived the boiler was in 'lock out'. I did all relevant checks, Ie gas supply and electrics etc. The boiler is trying to light.. there is a strong spark between the electrodes but then nothing... I have checked that gas is getting to the burner, that is all fine... I think the problem might lie with the pump.. The pump is not making much sound, only the sound of water inside, I have unscrewed the front and spun it inside to make sure it is not stuck but still no sound... If the pump is 'sludged up' and possibly broken I know this would cause the boiler to lock out but some times it does not lock out, it just keeps trying to ignite.. I have checked all electrical connections, they are fine... anu ideas any1?!

Did you follow MI for lock out fault indications? it sounds like ignition lock out if you checked gas valve, electrodes,flue condition it may be pcb.

I checked the gas on the test nipple at the burner and there is definatly gas there. Followed Mi and they advised to replace pcb which i have. Failing that they say it is gas valve, replaced that.. Still no joy.. Spoke to worcester they say that new pcb is faulty so i returned that and put new one on.... I do not know what to do... Customer does not have issue with parts being replaced but after following the sequence in the manual and the fault still not being rectified i want to be certain

yes i am most definatly gas safe registered.. just new and have only worked on about four break downs.

I checked the gas on the test nipple at the burner and there is definatly gas there. Followed Mi and they advised to replace pcb which i have. Failing that they say it is gas valve, replaced that.. Still no joy.. Spoke to worcester they say that new pcb is faulty so i returned that and put new one on.... I do not know what to do... Customer does not have issue with parts being replaced but after following the sequence in the manual and the fault still not being rectified i want to be certain
how do you know there is gas after gas valve,you tested the inlet gas point..?

yes i am most definatly gas safe registered.. just new and have only worked on about four break downs.

If its got a strong spark, then there cant be any gas getting to the burners.

Get in the gas safe registered engineers only forum and I will happily help out some more. Until then, do you not have a friend or work colleague who could come along to the job with you and help out.

When you check there is gas to the burner you have to test the outlet on the gas valve, there are 2 test nipples, on the inlet you should have around 20-25mbar, when boiler fires this should drop to 19mbar at the lowest, THIS DOES NOT PROVE THERE IS GAS TO THE BURNER, then on the outlet of the gas valve you will get around 10 mbar when boiler fires, this means there is gas getting to the burner. Is this what you have done????
If so and there is gas to burner and you are getting a spark there is no reason why it shouldnt light, you then need to check min bp as i stated in earlier post, it sounds like there is no gas to the burner and you are checking the wrong test point.

When you check there is gas to the burner you have to test the outlet on the gas valve, there are 2 test nipples, on the inlet you should have around 20-25mbar, when boiler fires this should drop to 19mbar at the lowest, THIS DOES NOT PROVE THERE IS GAS TO THE BURNER, then on the outlet of the gas valve you will get around 10 mbar when boiler fires, this means there is gas getting to the burner. Is this what you have done????
If so and there is gas to burner and you are getting a spark there is no reason why it shouldnt light, you then need to check min bp as i stated in earlier post, it sounds like there is no gas to the burner and you are checking the wrong test point.
you can only check on inlet for pressure,you measure a negative fan pressure,not sure if you can confirm gas after gas inlet on valve and if you can i don't think you would get a pressure of 10mbar...were did that figure come from

you can only check on inlet for pressure,you measure a negative fan pressure,not sure if you can confirm gas after gas inlet on valve and if you can i don't think you would get a pressure of 10mbar...were did that figure come from
I had to pm Dan to join the gas safe only forum. Waiting to hear from him

I had to pm Dan to join the gas safe only forum. Waiting to hear from him
gas lady,you also need to join the plumbers arms as i am sure you can appreciate we cant give out gas safety advice to anyone who comes on here and says they are gsr,when your in the gsr only forum or plumbers arms we will happily help you,what i will however do is check you out on the gs register pm me your gs number and i will help guide you through this fault

crack on see you in there.

pm dave instead dans always busy dave will sort it quicker

also it will be a modulating gas valve so you wont get any gas after the inlet till it fires ,so like gasman says join the arms aswell and you,ll get loads of help

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Maybe it's one to pass off to worcester 🤷‍♂️
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
T
That would seem prudent, although I never see...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Back