worcester 24i junior | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 24i junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

missplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
hey fella's, went to look at a worcester 24i junior, not a greenstar. the initial fault was that the boiler was trying to light, pump runs, fan runs, starts to spark but no gas to light. checked gas valve (which was only fitted 2 months ago) only power going to the blue plug. checked cables for continuity etc. it didnt seem like the ignition was sparking long enough to light anything, less than a second then it would go to fail. we rang WB technical who said it indicated a pcb fault. weve changed that and still nothing but now it doesnt spark and when there is no demand, it still goes to lockout after a couple of seconds. also with demand the fan runs then it locks out. rang WB again they said it has a short somewhere. Im thinking its the fan but any other ideas before i go running to cust for more money!!

it was said early this week here , wb 24 fault at ap switch , i think you need to check that and the venture

it was said early this week here , wb 24 fault at ap switch , i think you need to check that and the venture

Had this problem, fan only runs on slow speed and so the burner lifts off and melts the three way plastic tee piece on the APS. It is usually a board fault, once you have sorted the APS, Tee piece and pipes the boiler should fire and then the fan run on to full speed.

turned out to be the low water pressure switch. dont know if the board had failed anyway but by bypassing the pressure switch, the boiler fired.

Had same problem, shorted out switch and boiler fired. Replaced switch all was well!

They're a bit rubbish these. I had a problem on one which after replacing the pcb turned out to be the aps. But like you said, I think the pcb was shot anyway.

turned out to be the low water pressure switch. dont know if the board had failed anyway but by bypassing the pressure switch, the boiler fired.
thats a basic,simple fault if you get that one on anything with a LWPS again try looping it out first however the boiler should be totally dead if the LWPS fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Maybe it's one to pass off to worcester 🤷‍♂️
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice...
Replies
Views
Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
Yeah I got you cheers.... 2 stage component is...
Replies
Views
Back