worcester 24i | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was pricing parts for this relic and could not believe the price of a mechanical clock £71.50 at my local parts retailer and the price of a isolating valve,(ch pipework to boiler iso valve),£16.40...it is leaking from the slotted centre were you open and shut them,annoying.also plastic facia hanging off£65.60...then you have labour costs..your at least a couple of hundred quid in..i have mentioned this and it might be better with a new boiler but yey not my choice you can only offer your advice.

just fit a honeywell and do away with the worcester clock

also this is why i keep as many spares from any boiler i rip out, £66 for a peice of plastic is ludicrous

Remeha avanta plus Flow and Return Iso valves are £50 EACH!!!!
I always drain system now, or drop partially if boiler is fitted upstairs.

Good god Simon Johns how big a store do you have to keep all these parts ? or do you only keep worcester parts ??

just fit a honeywell and do away with the worcester clock

also this is why i keep as many spares from any boiler i rip out, £66 for a peice of plastic is ludicrous
on the keep old parts of boilers you rip out ,do you strip them down or put them some were until they come in handy i've had a few keep'd them for a while not used them theyv'e got in the way etc,then i have scrapped them, then needed the part , sods law ,if i had a good lock up with plenty of space,maybe

Good god Simon Johns how big a store do you have to keep all these parts ? or do you only keep worcester parts ??

keep silly parts,
15-50
mexico front panels
pcbs
pastic covers off comman boilers to me
sight glass's
anything i think would be of use

had a valve leak on one of these sheds,£119 plus vat and delivery,managed to get a full set from ebay for 50 quid,this is why i advise landlords not to go to b+q on grannie discount day and come back with heatline tat for me to fit,the same boiler has already had a pcb and aps check the prices on these with the link its 3 year old,did not want a performa because 3 years ago it cost 200 quid more to buy than a heapline(owned by valiant)(yep there pricing policy)fools and there money [DLMURL]http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/HEATLINE-BOILER-SPARES/COMBI-BOILERS/Compact-S24-std-Combi/ISOLATION-VALVE-SET-of-5[/DLMURL]ey

Last edited by a moderator:
compact s24 std combi " - gas appliance spares (preston) ltd had a valve leak on one of these sheds,£119 plus vat and delivery,managed to get a full set from ebay for 50 quid,this is why i advise landlords not to go to b+q on grannie discount day and come back with heatline tat for me to fit,the same boiler has already had a pcb and aps check the prices on these with the link its 3 year old,did not want a performa because 3 years ago it cost 200 quid more to buy than a heapline(owned by valiant)(yep there pricing policy)fools and there money
cheap tat boilers exspensive parts.

Keep it up Simon Johns you could get lucky and appear on American Pickers !!:indian_brave:

Keep it up Simon Johns you could get lucky and appear on American Pickers !!:indian_brave:

had enuff of tv, i looked a right tool last time lol

So it was you on rogue traders, been trying to get on it for years, keep writing in but no replys yet, did you offer them money to get on ?? :icon6:

So it was you on rogue traders, been trying to get on it for years, keep writing in but no replys yet, did you offer them money to get on ?? :icon6:
lol you wont find our Simon on that,he was on young apprentice of the year,plumbing obviously

A mate of mine was on the local watchdog prog (X-ray) and he's never had so much work since. Lol.

Best advertising ever.

Any news is good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
I have fitted one and it is of no different...
Replies
Views
C
Please register with us and start a new thread...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
P
I'd say from that limited description it...
Replies
Views
TBServices
T
Back