worcester 24i | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just been to an old worcester 24i about 10 years old combi with mainly intermitent hot water fault but occasional intermitent heating fault . When i turned up was told no hot water what so ever , i turned on hot tap and boiler flashed up for couple mins then could hear a few clicking noises then promptly followed by flame dropping out, left the tap running and min or so later few more clicks and boiler would flash up again. This would also happen on heating but nowhere near as regular as when hot water demand is calling.Any ideas ??

I gave it a good looking at , pulled wires off and re attached them but unsure how you test the aps .

If APS is faulty, pulling wires off and re-attaching is not going to solve anything.
There is a way of testing using a syringe, your FGA and multimeter but is is a bit long winded.
Best to keep a spare APS and swap it over, takes 2 minutes then you will know for a fact if sound or not.
With your symptoms and my previous experience of similar I would be looking at APS in first instance.

Have you checked pcb,the clicking may be something arcing across

Have you connected multimeter to aps,run boiler,when fan kicks in it should give you continuity if working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
Back