Worcester 24si 11 - not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 24si 11 - not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

beesley121

Hi guys,

im after some help please

got a worcester 24si 11, hot water working fine but when hearing switch on, it heated up then after about 15 mins it looked out. Light flashing 4 times per second. Tried to reset but fan tried to spin then stopped snd it locked out again. bypassed aps and it fired up fine obviously without the fan running. I thought pcb was at fault not tell fan to spin on ch mode.

changed pcb today and it now flashes 8 times a second, I then try to reset it and it then flashes, times a second and then repeats.

Any ideas

Not sure I understand but if it fired up ok why not just replace the APS.?? There's a pretty comprehensive fault finding chart in this boilers manual, ignore the bit when it mentions code plug though.

Fan wasn't spinning in ch mode, so blew down aps, boiler fired up so its my thoughts were because the fan wasn't spinning, it was pcb that was the issue as fan resistance checks out at 121ohms, must be pcb not telling fan to spin

You've probably got the wrong pcb, there's 2 for these boilers. They're a pain in the backside these are, pcbs are common on them to go. I've changed a few and have only come across a handful of the boilers themselves.

Same as Millsy, had one other week that only had 180v to the fan on the PCB, replaced pcb ok for a day or two then called back and fitted new APS, been great since. When I went first time I suspected APS fault but due to the low voltage on the pcb put the new board in, next time I will replace both parts together.

Same as Millsy, had one other week that only had 180v to the fan on the PCB, replaced pcb ok for a day or two then called back and fitted new APS, been great since. When I went first time I suspected APS fault but due to the low voltage on the pcb put the new board in, next time I will replace both parts together.

That's what I do now. Just because I've looked like an idiot on a couple of occasions having to go back and say I need to replace a aps as well!

Am dealing with one of these at present. I replaced the APS and at least it fired then. Further it was locking out after some time. Customer says it flickers (4 x per sec) and will restart with out resetting??? The M.I.'s suggest the thermistor (ch).

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
A
TRVs open? Any other valves been touched?
Replies
Views
You could try a reset if that doesn’t work it...
Replies
Views
Back