Worcester 25si not working afer service.. Help! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 25si not working afer service.. Help! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I serviced the boiler and cleaned the heat exchanger replaced the gasket and now it wont fire up. The reset button is flashing but it does not reset. I've made sure the baffles are correctly inserted. I Noticed the White hose( similar to the one on the air pressure switch) not not connected to anything (one side is sonnected to the back of the fan). Should this be connected to something?

yes the test point on the manifold

Attachments

• Copy of tap 023.jpg
    Copy of tap 023.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply gas man, The white Pipe at the front is not the one i'm talking about. Its the one next to the red pipe at the back of the fan. Near the little finger of the hand in the picture.

thats the one i am on about it go,s from the back of the fan to the test point on the aluminium manifold,its connected to the red plug in the photo

Thanks, Now That I look at it its obvious. Must have had my mong mode hat on today

Last edited:
No. That does not look like a test point tube to me. That looks like the thicker H/E vent tube. This is loose and not connected to anything.

No. That does not look like a test point tube to me. That looks like the thicker H/E vent tube. This is loose and not connected to anything.
I think your looking at the wrong tube like I was. Its the one connected to the red test point below the flue.
Added pic
Copy of tap 023.jpg

Last edited:
It like one of those secret society's Nas- Or should that be a 'society of secrets'? Would not let me join as I keep giving stupid answers to questions.:dunce:

Didn't think you had to strip the heat exchanger unless the fan pressure on that test point shown was -3.1 or something?

I went to 2 x 24i system boilers installed in a hotel last week. They'd been serviced and issued safety certificates in November but weren't working.
Boiler 1 fan pressure was - 1.5 and boiler 2 was - 1.8. Ended up stripping both boilers down, changing wiring looms, ht leads, gaskets and a new fan. The one gasket was so badly worn that a small flame was heating up the side of the boiler. Removed heat exchanger and after an hours work on each managed to get them something like decent.
The biggest company in the area had been "looking after" these boilers and the owner just kept telling me how they'd worked fine for 6 years implying I was fitting parts I shouldn't!

The heat exchangers were both blocked solid, I've got the Worcester cleaning kit and to be honest if it's below - 4 I get them out as it's much easier to do it's only 20 mins max on the service and worth it long term.
Had to remove both exchangers, flip them upside down, descale around the baffle with hammer and screwdriver then hit the baffle out with quite a lot of force.

Had made up figures written in that weren't even the ones in MI's.
The company look professional, nice printed certs and brand new vans etc, terrible engineer that's been doing these boilers. Owner £500 lighter as well!

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Worcester normally have a section in the...
Replies
Views
No would expect 70 if the sensor is saying 75...
Replies
Views
Baxi probably updated the software via the USB...
Replies
Views
    • Creative
Please. It is for your own safety.
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back