Worcester 28cdi intermittant fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 28cdi intermittant fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dougal

one difficult job, the boiler will work for hot water and heating for around 30mins, then boiler goes out followed by hot water light flashing rapidly. the manual says air flow fault, colleague has replaced air pressure switch, i ve checked all air tubes for splits and blockages, replaced fan still get the fault. checked both thermistors and resistance o.k for temp. rang worcester not very helpful said replace p.c.b luckily had one on van swapped it but made no difference, checked electrode and flame rectification gaps o.k. ckecked gas valve max and min o.k. flue is horizontal is on first floor. after couple mins boiler will come back on again on its own.

anyone else had this problem?

cheers:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Have you tried changing the harnesses for all the electrodes? This can sometimes be the cause of the fault you describe.

Certainly sounds like an airflow issue --- Have you measured the APS venturi difference +/- ? Is the fault constant or intermittent? Condensation can cause the APS to lock open or slow to switch off when the fan stops...:)

I don't know what pressure diff you should be registering but it will be written on the APS ... :)

thanks guys for your inputs,couple things for me to look into. voltage is dropping out on fan, air pressure switch deactivates then hot water light flashes only thing running is pump, then after 2 mins boiler will come back on its own it is intermittant can stay on for 30mins before fault occurs. checked continunity across harness to fan and air pressure switch all o.k. flue is all o.k

thankyou guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun. I've never done one :-( Always a...
Replies
Views
Just an update for all... original GSR was not...
Replies
Views
A
Cheers RPM.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
F
Reply to 1 & 2 get some quotes from other...
Replies
Views
Back