Worcester 28i (band D) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 28i (band D) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just a quick one,

went to a boiler today, intermittent fault water goes cold hot cold.

Looks like the board is knackered as if you push the front or back panel and flex the board it clicks on and off as per the suggested fault. Checked all connections and earth strap all looking fine, just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and was it definitely the board or maybe wiring harness.

Didn't want to take the front panel completely to bits in case it made things worse as the customer needs to save a few quid before replacing board so will live with it for a few weeks.

Cheers Sam

I had an ideal classic once that wouldnt fire up until you gave the bottom of the boiler case a tap and then it worked, was a dodgy board.

Could be DHW sensor sambotc.. hard water area? However the PCB does sound dodgy :)

Definitely related to pushing the control panel in and out diamond, it was a boiler service I was also told about a H/W problem and thought thermistor initially but when i got there it was working fine, stripped it and it was only when i put the 2 screws back in that I noticed as I pushed against the screw with the screwdriver it clicked on and off?

Just wondered if anyone had come across same problem that might have been a wiring defect or something instead before I order a £150 board un necessarily !

it was one of those jobs really, 15mm gas although meter was close, working pressure and gas rate fine, but inlet was a bit low so i just NCS it, flue terminates on next doors property, told him he's going to have problems when it comes for replacement!

What can you do though, boilers been in 7 years, no problems then you walk in picking faults and people think your just trying to generate work, so tried not to make a fuss out of it all as it doesn't do you many favours in the long run

Last edited:
Similar problem on many boards over the years sambotc .. If you can be bothered, check the back for scorch marks or dry joints! It can give you peace of mind and something to show the custard :) Have you tried out 'igniteheating'? They do reconditioned boards for a lot of boilers and give 12 months guarantee.

i'll check them out now cheers!

Edit: Think their site is down?

Last edited:
i'll check them out now cheers!

Edit: Think their site is down?

Yep just tried them myself and it seems to be down?

Phone number is 01920 871711

I've only used them twice but the guy seems quite genuine 1st impressions ... Both boards worked a treat. One's been in about 9 months on a 28CD1 and the other about 3 months on a Pott suprima ... I gave the details to the custard and got them to order the boards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
GeorgeHunt
G
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Re: Sludge flush failure DIY resolution (or...
Replies
Views
Back