Worcester 28i combi boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 28i combi boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David X

Hi,

Boiler stopped working the other day and initial problem was the pilot light going out. Went through all the standard suggestions for any problems (checking the overheating button, oiling the fan etc) without much luck as light would still not go on. However, I can now get the pilot light to start and the boiler to fire up but only if I turn the appliance off at the mains, start running the water from the hot tap in the bath and then start the appliance at the mains. The light will go on, the boiler will then start working and the water from the tap will go hot. However, as soon as I turn the hot water off the pilot light goes off and the boiler stops working. Obviously this isn't ideal as I can only get hot water or central heating if I keep the hot water running!

Any advice or suggestions would be really gratefully received!

Hi, you need an experienced gas safe engineer to look at it. If it's the boiler I think it is , it has electronic ignition to the pilot, which is suppose to go out when boiler on stand-by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
your boiler needs a gas reg engineer to come...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back