worcester 28i junior, dhw wont work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 28i junior, dhw wont work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

D

dean.

hi Worcester 28i junior dhw wont work, the ch works fine then when i turn hot tap it turns over to dhw mode it locks out. I was thinking the flow switch, does anyone know the way of checking this.

remove 3 pin plug test between 2 outside wires you should get
around 5 volt dc, reconnect plug test between green and black you should get between 1.5 to 3.5 volts if you do flow switch ok, try thermistor then PCB

hold the eco buttom in so it lights up and try again then please post outcome! sometimes the pre-heat sensor go faulty! and the 28juniors use a flow turbine! these can be removed and checked by a competent engineer! what flashing sequence are you getting?

thanks for that info, ill check again tomorrow. i cant remember the lock out flash seq. ill cleaned flow sensor today and put back but nothing happened.

sounds like flow sensor is ok tbh, quickly turn off the pre-heat if that solves it then i would say pre heat sensor! if this doesnt do anything same as above try thermistor then board! but ill be honest i have only ever changed one board on these!

i had one of these this week could not get a spark , I tried everything had pump and fan running but ended up checking everything and changed board that sorted the problem out around £123

was it working fine in ch mode, this one is, then when i open hot tap, boiler senses flow changes over to dhw mode but wont fire.

no I had nothing working bar fan, pump , if the CH is working that proves everything is ok so fault has to be sensor, turbine or board I have had this before but not that common, someone mentioned pre heat which i dont know about.good luck

have been out to 28i this week no hot water but had heating, heating was on all the time hence rads were warm, but when it tried to go to hot water and then to full rate it would'nt work, finally changed DHW thermistor, still nothing about to change board nd thought would gas rate first, finally dug out cupboard with meter to find....................... ecv was practically closed, custard had jammed so many things in it finally pushed ecv lever more amd more to closed position, opened fully everything working correctly.

Similar plumbing topics

M
  • Question
Are you sure it’s the fan? Is the preheat on...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
Could be Rubbish blocking the pressure gauge and...
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
WB inform (again) that this (2965) is set to...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back