Worcester 28i junior - Excessive CO | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 28i junior - Excessive CO in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aquaplumb123

Hello guys,

My name is Dave, I'm a gas engineer from Exeter, Devon & I've been having some trouble with a Worcester 28i junior combi boiler today. The boiler is 4yrs old & outside the Manufacturers warranty.
I'm not very experienced with the newer Worcester boilers.

The customer called me stating the pressure was low & after they topped it up the boiler went to fault - I checked the manufacturers booklet & the fault is high co, blocked condensate/air intake, ignition fault.

I did a bit of investigation and decided it was possibly ignition electrode. Whilst stripping it down to replace I found the gas inlet pipe had a split in the rubber (quick nip to the merchants for a new one told me Worcester knew this was a faulty parts as they'd upgraded it)

I made the decision to clean the burner & replace the seal as it was already apart.

There was air in the burner when I vented it & a small (and I mean tiny small) leak at the front right of the canister & found a small drip from the PRV.

Back up & running testing min & max co/co2 and the analyser is off the scale. I can get min output figures but not max. Worcester booklet suggested checking the fan diaphram so I do. However, I have no idea if it is as it should be or not.
Can anyone with greater Worcester Junior knowledge than me offer a hint that I may have missed please?

Starting to feel like a right chump in front of my good customers.

Cheers,

Dave.

Welcome to the forum Dave, the forum rules on gas advice require you to get your post count to +10 (easy to do) then send a picture of you gsr card to [email protected] and tell them who you are. Once done you are given access to the gsr sub forum away from public eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
hose not perished they split very easily and...
Replies
Views
Get worcester to do a fixed price service &...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
Back