Worcester 28i rsf - hot water but no heating | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 28i rsf - hot water but no heating in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

B

beesley121

Got called to a house today, worcester 28i rsf, cyst has hot water but no heating. Pressurised boiler to 1.5 bar, no room stat, mechanical clock bypassed, pump runs and fan remains on. No attempt to ignite.

Cust says had power cut last night and when power came back on, heating wouldn't work

i think its pcb at fault, what do you guys think?

No mate, but have a few of these we look after, also wondered if OH stat would affect hot water even though these have twin pass heat exchangers so hot water isn't relying on heating as such.

info like this always comes in handy :)

No mate, but have a few of these we look after, also wondered if OH stat would affect hot water even though these have twin pass heat exchangers so hot water isn't relying on heating as such.

info like this always comes in handy :)

well from what I have read since, it seems the OH stat will only effect the heating side of things, so hot water would be ok if this had tripped. So on wed, that will be the first thing I will be looking at. Good job it's an empty house for now lol

Yes, definitely spinning. Took the screw out and did the old screwdriver trick

If the burner doesn't light at all I'd be checking the c/h sensor ... Not sure if these were prone to it but the spindles on the control knobs can snap meaning that the boiler may be set to minimum but the knob can show max!

Other possible issue could be a dislodged pump impeller?

Just some thoughts before changing the PCB beesley..:)

learn something new everyday.had one of these last week,the p.c.b had gone(dry joints)if you pushed the front casing it would work fine,anyhow changed p.c.b,hot water fine but no ch,called tech line and they suggested o/h stat as when p.c.b interrupted it would throw o/h stat,reset stat and up and running,as said learn something new everyday

learn something new everyday.had one of these last week,the p.c.b had gone(dry joints)if you pushed the front casing it would work fine,anyhow changed p.c.b,hot water fine but no ch,called tech line and they suggested o/h stat as when p.c.b interrupted it would throw o/h stat,reset stat and up and running,as said learn something new everyday
had 2 like that

Well OH hadn't tripped, replaced pcb all if fired up first titime only problem then was I noticed the pressure gauge was increase rapidly and was nearing 3 bar.
I checked the expansion with the view to pumpnit up only to find it was full of water

cust not happy they spent money on a new pcb and fitting only to find its knackerd. Explained that there was no way I could tell the boiler had another fault until the pcb was replaced

Explained to cust not to use boiler and asked th could I turn it off. Getting them a price for a new one and maybe fitting an expansion vessel elsewhere as the cust has no money !!

I'm unsure though if this should have been labeled an at risk. It's not a gas issue, nothing to do with fumes, all other safety features work but is the expansion vessel and prv included in this. All it would potentionally do is either blow off outside or flood the kitchen is they were to carry on using it

Unlucky but it happens, not at risk so don't worry. Top tip: close rad valves and remove a rad. Empty it, refit but don't bleed and open only one rad valve. Air in rad will act like an expansion vessel for a temporary fix. One closed rad valve will stop circulation so no chance of air moving about.

had a system run like this for 9 months before!

Well OH hadn't tripped, replaced pcb all if fired up first titime only problem then was I noticed the pressure gauge was increase rapidly and was nearing 3 bar.
I checked the expansion with the view to pumpnit up only to find it was full of water

cust not happy they spent money on a new pcb and fitting only to find its knackerd. Explained that there was no way I could tell the boiler had another fault until the pcb was replaced

Explained to cust not to use boiler and asked th could I turn it off. Getting them a price for a new one and maybe fitting an expansion vessel elsewhere as the cust has no money !!

I'm unsure though if this should have been labeled an at risk. It's not a gas issue, nothing to do with fumes, all other safety features work but is the expansion vessel and prv included in this. All it would potentionally do is either blow off outside or flood the kitchen is they were to carry on using it

drain a radiator and only open one valve on it and use that as a temp exp vessel customer got heating and hw and is happy at no expense

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
That’s not plumbing advice, that’s gas related...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
exactly when fan runs you should get...
Replies
Views
Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
They sound extremely suspect, I realise it's...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
To be fair some places in London have an...
Replies
Views
Back