worcester 28i rsf. hot water isusse ! | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 28i rsf. hot water isusse ! in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

plumbbobshan

Gas Engineer
hello ,
Boiler worcester 28i has gone off. Get to the job and do the checks aps and fan , fan goosed and seized solid , fit a new fan. All ok leave the job .
Two days later she phones the boiler is working fine(heating) but, NO hot water. The thermostat had triped out, so i reset it and ran a bath of water. All ok and left the job.
Next day same again, so put in a new thermostat, still tripping out .
Then changed the DHW flow sensor (thermistor) still the same results after running hot for 10/15 sec then tripping out !!!!!!!! .
ANY IDEAS LADS :confused:

plumbbobshan i cannot get into my e-mails until i reboot my computer but running kaspersky for a facebook bug as i opened; ive just seen whos checking out which is a malware program
as soon as i boot down ( about 6 hours) i will send manual
sent it yesterday to another op scan down threads need 28i rsf
cheers

i have checked for blockages in dhw side pipework from inlet to flowswitch to heat ex to dhw outlet and all are clear. all the readings on the elec side of things are ok . boiler in a million bits now and the heat exchanger is being descaled as a last resort . i will post results later.

well it descaled and rebuilt , all working fine . stll not convinced it is the end of the matter !!! or any being to harsh on myself. i dont feel i have done anything other than strip down and rebuild a combi !!!!
BIG THANKS to wnjswozo, clydey, gasmarc and roryd .

just having a pint ;-)and the call came,---- it doing the same again!

gas rate with hot water on ? Burner pressure ? why would these change????? it was all ok till i changed the fan!
as for blockage not a chance, descaled and hose pipe attached ,clear as a bell .
at my wits end now HELP!

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
That’s not plumbing advice, that’s gas related...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
Is it a heat only boiler?, you say a new pump...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
They sound extremely suspect, I realise it's...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
To be fair some places in London have an...
Replies
Views
Back