Worcester 28SI II | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 28SI II in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a. Real down this evening. Reset the boiler, lit up, started kettling. Checked the pump and found it is weak so gonna replace that tomorrow.

Obv it then shut down and went into lock out.
Reset it, same thing happened. But this time the flames were kinda pulsating. Checked gas valve which had a normal drop when it fired up which stayed steady. Then went into lockout again.

Reset it, went to ignition but didn't fire up, just sparked. This happened 3-4 times before lock out.
Reset it.
Didn't get to ignition at all this time and fan didn't spin.

Spoke to Worcester.
They said all this could be because of the weak pump.

I don't buy it.

Any thoughts?

If the pump is weak start with that, but inform the customer you believe there may be another fault with it but can't check until the pump has been replaced, then sell them a new boiler.

If the pump is weak start with that, but inform the customer you believe there may be another fault with it but can't check until the pump has been replaced, then sell them a new boiler.

Lol tried that already but they're selling the house and don't want a new boiler

So fitted the new pump and up the boiler fired, rads got hot, nice hot water. For 5 mins. Then it died a sorry death. Further investigation revealed a leaking heat exchanger dripping slowly on to the burner. Turned off the electrics, gas cock and told him he'd be better off with a new boiler. Still wants it fixed. It's his money!!

Tell him can't guarantee other issues after repair , wreck it trying to repair then sell him new boiler

Just changed the heat exchanger with a new overheat stat and fired up the boiler. All rads heated up. Something weird is happening and I'm not sure why!! Gonna try post a vid. After a while it goes into lockout.

[DLMURL]https://vimeo.com/191207496[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Could that be the flame sense?

Well, weird thing is when I fist fired up the boiler it ran great for about 10 mins and that was it.. the fan starts in high speed for about 1/4 second then stays in slow mode. At times it tries to ignite but just goes to lock out. Other times it ignites after 3 or 4 attempts. Other times it doesn't even get to ignition, the fan doesn't spin but the pump is on. I'm thinking possibly the PCB..

Sounds like it could be a board failing... hate faults like that, aslways a big risk changing the board if it's not that!

Maybe send your video to WB. If you have WhatsApp you can send via the app now

It was the board.. thankfully! But I'm sure his gas valve is also about to give up pretty soon too.. £1200 he's paid out to get it back up and running.. muppet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
DIDN'T check!! I didn't *work* on the boiler...
Replies
Views
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back