Worcester 30 si compact | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 30 si compact in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

so-solar

Just a little note............................................ The integral filling link is an OPTIONAL EXTRA, I found this out at 3 o clock yesterday afternoon after searching the packaging and the customers house for an hour!

Worcester filling loops are a poor piece of design. They've never really perfected it.

the compact vertical piping system makes it almost impossible to fit an external loop as they are pulled bends!!!!! And to add to that the unit was in stalled in the tightest space possible, hence the compact selection! NEVER AGAIN

the compact vertical piping system makes it almost impossible to fit an external loop as they are pulled bends!!!!! And to add to that the unit was in stalled in the tightest space possible, hence the compact selection! NEVER AGAIN

Go logic+ next time. Nice and compact. Built in loop and good warranty.

I have gone over to logics now took a while but cracking little boiler , back up been pretty good as well
Heard the usual stories over heat exchanger but they came from bad cast and are fully aware of it and if it pin holes they will repair free of charge even after warranty

worcester just fall apart period

customers love wb so i fit them as many as i can
filling loops are excellent btw

excellent!!! leaking horrible things that customers hate, so i just give them a standard loop when they break, and gain a new customer for life, keep putting them in team, customers curse the installer later on and love me for sorting out the end result.

excellent!!! leaking horrible things that customers hate, so i just give them a standard loop when they break, and gain a new customer for life, keep putting them in team, customers curse the installer later on and love me for sorting out the end result.

strange as they ask for them LP , not sure we are in the same field of customers tbh

strange as they ask for them LP , not sure we are in the same field of customers tbh

Help link and radio ads..... Arrr thank Worcester for that! When custards ask for a wb I say I wouldn't for one in a skip. Trading on old reputation... Just like ideal struggling because of isar!

just remind em Stan, who won the which awards again lmfao.........

FYI all CDi inc compact variants come with loop, it was always an option on si, junior etc, loop has been redesigned, and will be out shortly, it is also keyless

At the end of the day i will always try and recommend an ideal logic plus as thats my preference but if a customer wants a worcester or vaillant or any other within reason i will fit it. I've learnt pretty quick in the last few years if you stsrt slating there preferred choice you wont get the job.

Logic plus range is really really good. The heat only can be cascaded ? ( only ever done 90kw. Think limit is 350?? )

Excellent warranty and simple's to service

At the end of the day i will always try and recommend an ideal logic plus as thats my preference but if a customer wants a worcester or vaillant or any other within reason i will fit it. I've learnt pretty quick in the last few years if you stsrt slating there preferred choice you wont get the job.

Wow. After the icos saga. I never thought I would hear anyone suggest an ideal

You say that as if every boiler worcester have designed has been a scorcher. Greenstar junior is an awful boiler imo but cdi is ok heavy but ok. Same with every manufacturer really the difference is how they respond to failure . I think ideal have stepped up to the plate with the logic.

You say that as if every boiler worcester have designed has been a scorcher. Greenstar junior is an awful boiler imo but cdi is ok heavy but ok. Same with every manufacturer really the difference is how they respond to failure . I think ideal have stepped up to the plate with the logic.
Which is why I fit Worcester. If they have re-occuring faults, they try their best to remedy them on new models. They had issues with left hand manifold splitting, so they strengthened it. Issues with water ingress through the flue damaging internal components, they modified the insides to divert water away from crucial components.

They changed the design on the condensate trap several times, I assume because they were difficult to clean. Everyone slates Worcester, but are a decent company, trying to make their products the best. I've been to their Warndon HQ for training courses, they are very interested in installer feedback and do make changes.

Their filling link is **** though! It is standard with the CDI Classic though.

I fit Logics as my "budget" choice. I'd happily fit them on every job, but Worcester is a recognised brand and thats what customers want. I've had no issues with any of the ones I've fitted in the last 14 Months.

I don't see anything wrong with a Worcester. I fit many of them

Their cheap

Nice jig

Looks good

Customers like them

And they are simple to use.

Nice to work on too

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must have tiny hands.

to be honest its all rather subjective when its comes to your preffered choice for installation you can pick fault with any boiler if its not your first choice or dont like it.

Well
Oven ever worked on a logic

But I bet there's something difficult to do on them too

There is so much room in a logic when servicing two cats may be swung! U will however need An 8mm ring spanner , ph2, flat head , small grips and 3 pt if clean water... And fga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
I think a lot of us suspect your cylinder is...
Replies
Views
It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
Don't remember off the top of my head but did...
Replies
Views
Back