worcester 30si boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 30si boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nicko131187

hi, im having trouble with a worcester 30si combi boiler, the pressure keeps dropping after 24 hours and having to re pressurise the system in order for it to work again, water is constantly dripping from the pressure relief valve pipe on the outside of the propertie where it exits, i have changed the valve as thought it might be the problem, the pressure when the boiler is on is about 1.5 bar, and doesnt go up when boiler is on so it cant be the expansion vessel. after changing the blow off this problem still occurs.
any help would be great as problem with customer needs solving
Many thanks

You've changed the pressure relief valve and its still passing?

are you sure the gauge is working ? id isolate the boiler and drain to se if the gauge is stuck unless your very unlucky a new prv shouldnt pass at 1,5bar

Yehh tested the gauge, as the old prv was being replaced i drained it by it to see if the gauge was working, and its fine. If the boiler was over pressurising and blowing off i would make sure the expansion was charged or the diaphram in tact but when the boiler runs it doesnt exceed 1.8 bar. You think the new prv may be also faulty? i cant think it could be anything else. Its wierd as all it is is a constant dri0.
Many thanks

If the new prv is passing and system pressure is in order then the valve MUST be faulty. Take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Back