Worcester 30si pressure rise | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 30si pressure rise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozak1968

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, I have an occasional problem with a 6 year old si30. When the hot water is turned on the pressure goes up to 2.5 bar. The tap runs cold then when the tap is turned off there is a banging noise as if something is trying to move then the pressure drops back to 1 bar. Any ideas ?

could be faulty pump or expansion vessel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Also check Plate heat ex and diverter valve for blockages/sticking. Wouldnt have thought it would be expansion vessell unless it only does it when htg is up to temp.

well it could be a variety of things , I had an expansion vessel last week that i pumped up to over 3 bar in no time then the pressure just dropped to zero in one go,

Also check Plate heat ex and diverter valve for blockages/sticking. Wouldnt have thought it would be expansion vessell unless it only does it when htg is up to temp.

it will still do it with dhw and even quicker

The only times I have seen it happen on dhw it was a blockage somewhere usually in the plate or bypass pipe as ch circuit would also take up some of the expansion unless it was a very small system.

Thats the reason I would personally check the plate for blockages before I would check the expansion

divertor closed to ch circuit, boiler goes to full flame, heats up boiler rapidly, water in boiler expands quickly, due to pump or blockage in dhex or main hex

The diverter valve is closed but its on the return by the pump which means the flow to ch still open so unless the ch is piping hot it will allow for some expansion.

carnt expand up return, path is closed as divertor closed you carnt compress water

Its the flow thats constantly open not the return the return has the diverter valve in it.

If the heating circuit is at 1 bar it will not stay at 1 bar when the boiler is at 2.5 bar even with the diverter shut

when you run hot water is there any temp rise in flow and return pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, My pressure is stable at 1.5 when...
Replies
Views
Damo666
D
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Chuck the engineer said I have replace all...
Replies
Views
With a sealed system and if the E.vessel is...
Replies
Views
Back