Worcester 350 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 350 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ive got a problem with a worcester 350 which I cant solve at all.

When I first went out found a hole on the pcb big enough to stick my finger through. Got a new board in telling them it could be a further fault caused it and this fault is what has me completely confused.

Turn boiler on fan comes on full then drops down to slow speed all correctly. APS makes you can hear it and Ive proved with multi meter then nothing. For the boiler to fire I need 240v on all 3 wires coming back from the aps But I cant work out how I can get 240V on all 3 as you have C NO NC so when the fan comes on C-NO makes I disconnect fan C-NC Makes. I thought must be wrong APS but look in manual and it says NC and NO so It is the right APS Ive tried all combinations on wiring to it and I cant get all 3 to be live.

How is it even possible for all 3 to make at the same time? its not surely?

Ive got a problem with a worcester 350 which I cant solve at all.

When I first went out found a hole on the pcb big enough to stick my finger through. Got a new board in telling them it could be a further fault caused it and this fault is what has me completely confused.

Turn boiler on fan comes on full then drops down to slow speed all correctly. APS makes you can hear it and Ive proved with multi meter then nothing. For the boiler to fire I need 240v on all 3 wires coming back from the aps But I cant work out how I can get 240V on all 3 as you have C NO NC so when the fan comes on C-NO makes I disconnect fan C-NC Makes. I thought must be wrong APS but look in manual and it says NC and NO so It is the right APS Ive tried all combinations on wiring to it and I cant get all 3 to be live.

How is it even possible for all 3 to make at the same time? its not surely?
Where you getting this info from?
Is this the old 350 RSF with the 2 pumps? If so I have found the fault finding check in the MI's a bit long winded but quite detailed.

Where you getting this info from?Is this the old 350 RSF with the 2 pumps? If so I have found the fault finding check in the MI's a bit long winded but quite detailed.
Yeah it is wish I just told him to buy a new one but I know he has no money whatsoever (ex's dad been out of work for a while)Thats where im getting it from been through the fault finding and it says all 3 wires. Failure point E Does sparking occur? No Is there a live supply on all 3 pins of terminal X21

Electrodes look good? Any spark at all?
240 between X21(ignition board) brown wire and main board X4 Neutral.
240 between X21(ignition board) white wire and main board X4 Neutral.
If no then prob ignition board.

Continuity from APS to Pcb? Might have been damaged when the board got fried, got to ask what fried the board as well? You are right you can't have it all at the same time, perhaps they mean 240v at the corresponding times? Typical Worcester book , always wrong.

By the looks of things the green wire (common) goes to the NC which then links up with the white wire on the common which energizes a relay then when fan comes on the power goes down the brown. Problem is the fan runs from when the fused spur is on even with no demand. So I think the relays controlling the fan are stuck. So fan running constantly causing board to get hot and burn the joints out. My theory anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice...
Replies
Views
Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
dont know whats wrong with the video, ill try...
Replies
Views
I did fit a Viessmann 200-w a few months back...
Replies
Views
Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
Back