Worcester 35CDi Fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 35CDi Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all,

Got little info on this problem but here it goes

Boiler goes to u9 lockout whenever heat/hot water is called for. The burner fires up for a few seconds then goes out and goes to fault code.

Its my cousins boiler and he lives 40 miles away so can't get there today as I'm going out for dinner:eek:

He is a plumber and has fit a new bathroom and taps in other rooms today. I have made sure all the valves under the boiler are back on and that the system is charged and vented.

I have never came across this fault code before - although I have heard that these boilers go into a 15 minute condense refill mode after the boiler has been isolated at the spur. could this be the problem?

I have no more info on the job but would appreciate any advice given.

maybe the condense trap is blocked.....i cant be sure but i think that the u9 fault is summat to do with the condense.....or was that an "E" code....just looked in a service engineer booklet from wb but couldnt see anything about a u9 code.

I have seen an e9 nine too. But never this u9. He is probably reading it wrong. My mate who lives by him is going to have a look tomorrow and try and sort it. Thanks for your reply. Tom

Just spoke to my cousin and the boiler is working fine now. Maybe there is a condense refil mode it kicks into when the boiler has been turned off and drained etc?? My mates still going to have a look tomorrow as he only live a few miles from them and i live forty-odd miles away. thanks for your help anyhow

Tom

mmm...must be summat like that...do yer head in these ones do!! up the villa mate!!! sotc!!

This is the reason I tend to shy away from breakdown. Tend to just do servicing/cp12 and fit rads and valves etc. I just can't get my head around some stuff.

Where you from in birmingham?

I'm in smithswood mate,by castle bromwich....i like doing the breakdowns,even though some a really challenging. Only been gas safe for just over a year since starting out on my own a few years back. I know what you mean about getting your head around stuff...no matter how much i read...sometimes it just wont sink in!! but i find a call to the boiler manufacturers always manages to help me out...and i'm learning all the time. And i will always ask for help....this forum is great for that.
whereabouts are you mate.

I'm not to far from you, in Hodge Hill right next to castle brom really. Went to Grimshaw secondary which aint to far from you. I was at connaught before it went bump and set up on my own after that. Subbing to BG at the moment and do a couple of my own jobs that come through from the GasSafe website and a few cards I've left knocking around. I'm fine on the older boilers but its all these fancy combi's I cant fugure out. I've passed a few jobs onto a mate of mine who does that type of work when I cant fugure something out

lol....i went to hodge hill and lived on the bromford for 28 years before i moved here about 7 years ago. I worked at bham city council for 11 years before i took voluntary redundancy a few years back and set up my company mainly just doing powerflushing ( www.powerflushbirmingham.co.uk ) got gas safe and since then ive been doing a bit of everything...breakdowns,full heating installs,cp12's servicing etc.... I did think about going down the bg route last year but i started to get busy so never bothered...but might look again in the summer if goes quiete. It was bad what happened to connaught...i was supposed to goto an interview with them....glad i didnt now!

yeah the new combi's are a bit of a pig...need to be more of an electrician to figure out half the probs!!

Last edited:
You've got a good website. Used to do a bit of flushing when I was at connaught forgot to cap the cold feed once which was fun!!!! I love servicing and fitting rads so subbing to BG suits me fine just get to do what I enjoy which make work not feel like work if you know what I mean, just wish I was working closer to home. Got asked to do a flush the other day but refused I'll give them your web address now if you like as I have no machine and my mate who I work with sometimes has never done one so we just pass on them.

That'd be great mate, I give all the engineers a bung for every flush I get via them.....normally 50 quid so I could stick some extra beer money in your pocket! How long does it take you to get to kettering every day? A bit of a pain but if it brings in the dough that's all that matters........I've travelled all over the place to do flushes....from st albans upto Chester!.....some really long days! But the money is all that matters.
And I've done the cold feed thing too....once, lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Stick my number in yer phone mate,give it to who ever wants the flush done and tell them to tell me you passed them onto me so I know its you I can give the money to.
Cheers.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Sound, its in my phone now. Not promising I'll get you loads of work but any I get asked to do I'll gladly pass over to yourself. It doesn't take long to get to Kettering really, just under an hour if I put my foot down. They pay quite well for what I do so I'm happy and I'm back for 4 most days and no weekends so it leaves me free for my bits and bobs of my own stuff to do of a Saturday morning.

villa tom sounds ok subbing to bg,just reading posts do you not do repairs with bg only servicing cp12 or do they have seperate guys doing the faults

You can do both. I just take the servicing and take breakdown if I find them whilst on a service ie faulty rad valve/noisy pump etc. I would do breakdowns but the place where my parts are delivered is to far away from where I work. Plus I prefer servicing if I'm honest.

Sound, its in my phone now. Not promising I'll get you loads of work but any I get asked to do I'll gladly pass over to yourself. It doesn't take long to get to Kettering really, just under an hour if I put my foot down. They pay quite well for what I do so I'm happy and I'm back for 4 most days and no weekends so it leaves me free for my bits and bobs of my own stuff to do of a Saturday morning.

i'll appreciate anything you pass on mate...i dont expect you to fill my diary!!...but if you did that would be a winner for me and an extra £250 a week for you!!
It does sound like you are on a good number with bg....home for 4 everyday and no weekends sounds good,makes the travelling time a little easier to do. Cheers tom....utv sotc!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
Have you had any work carried out recently, eg...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Have you tried calling the Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views
Back