Worcester 38 CDi Classic combi whistling noise | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 38 CDi Classic combi whistling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt06

Gas Engineer
Hello, fitted worcester 38CDi classic combi yesterday, this morning customer switched it off as it was whistling/humming quite loudly

It seems to be when the fan runs at a certain speed

Fine all the other times

Called WB tech got passed to 3 people 3rd said it may be Membrane where air/gas mix sending a technician out on Monday to check

At first i thought could be the case not fitted properly and vibrating, It does it with the front cover off but it isn't quite so loud

Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue / Any thoughts

Thanks

as far as i can see there is enough clips on the pipes, theres only about 2 foot between bottom of boiler to work top 2 clips on each pipe in this space and hot, cold and gas go below the worktop which i don't know how many clipsare on these , rest go up the wall in a cupboard which is clipped every meter and then through the ceiling joists

What was your combustion readings like , and the gas rate test was that satisfactory ?

Hi, Yes combustion readings spot on and gas rate , but lowered CO2 on max rate which quitened it down quite alot,

I've had that one before sounds like a plane taking off Lol new membrain sorts it

Register plate, or membrane if you like sometimes go through ant touch the fan blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Edit: delete my comment
Replies
Views
G
The boiler shouldn't be getting to 90C! Is the...
Replies
Views
bigads28
B
R
Just going to bump this thread, extremely...
Replies
Views
P
Just to update... The fitter came round and...
Replies
Views
ph0u203d
P
Back