Worcester boiler CH temp issue? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester boiler CH temp issue? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help!

I have previously installed a Tado smart controls system and is all working correctly with my 3 zone s plan system (CH x2, & HW). Boiler fires from the LR (signal) when the Tado calls for heat but have noticed the boiler acting oddly now in the warmer weather where there is no calls for heat.

It looks like the boiler is trying to maintain the CH flow temperature by intermittently firing throughout the day - is this normal? Flow temp is currently set at 60c on the boiler. Have looked at the wiring in the boiler and all looks correct. The 230v supply from the fused spur is connected to L/N IN, then L/N OUT to the wiring centre, and the signal live from the zone values is connected to LR CH. This all looks correct from the Worcester wiring diagrams.

Is there potentially a setting in the boiler menus that needs to be changed? Only thing I can think of..

Sounds like a tado issue to be as the boiler will either fire or not it’s a simple boiler

I would be testing the voltages back from the motorised zone valve(s) to rule any of those out, including hot water. As @ShaunCorbs says it’s a simple boiler, and will only fire up when told to do so by an external control. Could it be hot water on constant and attempting to maintain cylinder temperature? Could a link have been left in somewhere?

Thanks for the input on this, much appreciated! All sorted now thankfully.

Got out the multimeter and started checking the wiring centre. The HW zone valve was the culprit in the end. The spring return on the actuator was sticking and keeping the relay open. I missed that the thermostat on the HW cylinder was also set to 60c so this is why the boiler kept firing to maintain cylinder temp until failing spring return eventually closed. Had a spare actuator body here so wired that in after checking the valve body was turning freely. Looks like its all sorted now!

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
Back