Worcester Boiler No hot water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Boiler No hot water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carriesue

Had a plumber around to connect loft shower and basin. Since then I have had no hot water (tepid ). He states that he has not touched the boiler and that it maybe the thermostat has gone. A friend suggested that the pressure may need to be looked at. Any suggestions please as the loft conversion people are going to charge me for getting an engineer out.
Thank you for your help

could be just the flow rate has been increased through boiler and requires reducing to original level

Thank you. All was working until the shower and basin was installed. Loft people are saying it has nothing to do with them. I really can't afford major repairs, so will suggest your answer to them.

Sounds to me like cold water feeding into the hot side from a stuck shower check valve on your new shower.

did they add a towel rail/ rad if so check system pressure first. How is hot water in kitchen? or is that cold now a well

Sorry I assumed the boiler pressure would have already been checked.

Thank you all for your response. There is only a short blast of tepid water then cold from ALL hot water taps. Towel rail has been fixed but not heating.
I am unable to adjust the pressure as the grey knob has a piece of metal attached to it, similar to a paper clip.
I would have thought the loft people would have checked this before diagnosing a thermostat problem.
Thank you

is it possible the hot and colds have been crossed somewhere along the line.

Had a plumber around to connect loft shower and basin. Since then I have had no hot water (tepid ). He states that he has not touched the boiler and that it maybe the thermostat has gone. A friend suggested that the pressure may need to be looked at. Any suggestions please as the loft conversion people are going to charge me for getting an engineer out.
Thank you for your help
hi im a heating engineer and came across the same problem a while ago its caused by your shower im afraid , when you turn a tap on the hot water is being pulled into the hot water thus resulting in luke warm water at point of delivery . you need to fit a combi compatible shower . hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Hi we’re the boiler sited
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
Back