Worcester boiler not working and flashing 'EA' error code | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester boiler not working and flashing 'EA' error code in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

My Worcester Greenstar 29 CDI boiler made a loud bang earlier today, and has now stopped working.

It is flashing the 'EA' error code, which according to the manual, means no flame is being detected.

I tried resetting the boiler a couple of times but upon doing so, it just makes an extremely loud vibrating/humming noise intermittently, and then turns off and flashes the EA error code again.

Could anyone advise what the issue is? Boiler is only 3 years old. According to the manual, the EA code means either no gas in the house, frozen condensate pipe or blocked flue outlet.

Wondering if this is something I could fix myself or if I need a gas safe engineer to come and have a look

Under warranty min 5 years if you have gas and power time to call Worcester out

My Worcester Greenstar 29 CDI boiler made a loud bang earlier today, and has now stopped working.

Could anyone advise what the issue is? Boiler is only 3 years old. According to the manual, the EA code means either no gas in the house, frozen condensate pipe or blocked flue outlet.

Wondering if this is something I could fix myself or if I need a gas safe engineer to come and have a look

You can fix yourself if it’s a lack of gas, by which I mean if you have a top up meter and have ran out, or Network has been turned off.
Anything else gas engineer/Worcester warranty required.

Edit: Check your emergency control valve - been to 2 recently where they had been accidentally knocked off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
Just had the Vaillant engineer in, and the...
Replies
Views
Back