worcester boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

I have been plumbing and gas installing for twenty years now and have fitted numourous boilers types and models.Some easy to hang and pipe others annoying e.g worcesters gs 24 i's !
The condense set up the rubbish jig , the expansion vessell , blow off and filling loop , i find all this really rubbish design and awkward foer the installer . Does anyone else find this??

the boilers are now overpriced and over complicated and a pain in the backside, so I dont supply them now to custards, theres a lot better out there in the market

Whats your opinion on the new ideals? I fitted one couple months ago just threw it at the wall and seemed to be a case of jobs a good un lol

valliant range are awsome once case off looks like the engine bay off a bugatti veryon superb

I like the filling loop, I like how you can run pipes behind the boiler without having to buy a stand off kit, the overflow isnt the best, i dont like it how you have to connect up the exp vessel yourself or modify the return pipe so it doesnt snag the blow off valve. My workmate and I fitted nearly 200 of them in just over 2 years so we just got used to it.

I recomend Viessmann to all of my customers as I like the products and they have gone out of thier way to help me.

i have fitted a few worcester juniors and was impressed with how easy the boiler was to put on the jig-servicing the heat exchanger a bit involved and i can see in the future all the plastic connections breaking .last week i fitted a baxi duotec i struggled to get the rh heating washer in and tightened .on fri i fitted a worcester cdi and the jig was a bit involved no paper template for clearances and flue marking it did not help as the fittings kit had the fibre washers that were cut in half and the 22m compression nuts had no thread cut into themhad to get rep to bring me a new fitting pack.i do agree they are overpriced but the customers like them they think they are the rolls royce of boilers.the customer service is good and they have a good reputation for this .i dont like the use of the plastic hydo block assys to me heat and plastic dont mix. i have fitted the new ideal logic and that was easy and not much plastic in them and most items accessible inside.

I have not fitted a viessman as yet but have heard good reports from other installers about them although also heard talk that they have over complicated them.I suppose its what your used to fitting tho .

I have not fitted a viessman as yet but have heard good reports from other installers about them although also heard talk that they have over complicated them.I suppose its what your used to fitting tho .
The 200 series are overcomplicated for UK standards but the norm for our German friends, I can set one up for most peoples needs but there is alot of settings and features that I dont understand.
The MK2 100 series is for the UK market and is in my opinion a smashing piece of kit, others will disagree.

easiest boiler to fit has to be a vaillant why do so many manufacturers still use the jig system?noilers arent the high value target of theives any more
my perfect boiler fits on the wall via a top plate only with play to slide sideways to line up and a center scew at the bottom to fix it plate should be quite big to allow extra fixxings for bad walls
the connections should come out of the case vertical situated towards the front of the case with angled valves this allows you to angle the pipes back towards the wall to suit any spacing of existing pipework for boiler changes
and allows pipes to be grouped together on new instals
flue should be fitted with either push fit or a loose collar no screws into the top of the boiler 2 of which are usually under the flue
flue must rotate full 360 test point on boiler not on flue bend
timeclock and wireless reciever should be either pre wired or easily plug in fitted
now into the realms of fantasy every item internally should have a neon to prove power to it, aps ahould have two all changeover/threeway valves would have a clear marker to show which way it is working
all items on the bench mark would be read out in turn on the led screen by using one simple button

Last edited:
God knows why so many still use the jig system!!!
My problem is with clients suddenly allwanting worcesters fitted as they seem to think they are the best of the best !!
This does my head in as hate fitting them , do like fitting vailants but they dont seem to have the marketing sale to the consumer that worcestor haveeven the i think they are just as agood .

well i am all for simplicity as i install,service and maintain BAXI DUOTEC is the best boiler you can get IMHO ,easy to fit,easy to service,easy to change parts on(have not yet and some are 5 year old)custards love them,everything is well thought out and put together you can take your worcesters,vailants and all the other rubbish out there and buy a big skip the DUOTECS,a simple band a boiler thats easy to fit,work on and maintain the only criticism is the biased to rh side flue which means double bends or a new flue hole if changing like for like ,but its a simple boiler as they go,why make life complicated ???????????

anyone fitted the intergas boilers .was looking at them last wk only 4 moving parts and the boiler can be fitted as a standard boiler and then piped as a combi later due to its twin heat exchanger.

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I find the jig is nice to pipe up, after that...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
I agree with the above, if you are going to...
Replies
Views
Is the prv dripping outside ?
2 3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Has there been any resolution to this please...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Back