worcester bosch 230 combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester bosch 230 combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

liz windsor

hi to all this is my first post and hope it to be a successful one.
my problem is leaking from diverter valve assembly.there are tiny holes either machined or cast into the assembly that is where the drips are coming from.the diaphragm looks ok it was replaced about 2 years ago.this system is a combi worcester bosch 230 approx 15 years old.
what i would like to know is can i buy a after sales service part or do i have to buy the whole assembly.
and also when replacing do i have to drain radiators down as well as turning water off and relieving back pressure.

thankyou for any advice also where to purchase part?

Last edited by a moderator:
replace diaphram again,make sure water is not dripping from any other part eg heat exchanger,and running down to diverter valve.DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES touch isolating valves under boiler as they will and always will continually leak!drain down and refill.buy a genuine diaphram and "O" ring kit and replace all O rings lubing with silicone grease supplied by from a spares counter at Plumbcentre about £25 for all as far as I remember.

it is not the diaghram but the seals that are leaking that the main pin slides through or the 'o'rings that seal front and back of divertor.it is designed to leak through holes to stop any cross contamination between hot water and heating sytem water
you can fit full service kit but complete valve replacement recommended as not straight forward if you do not know this part

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
unbelievable

it is not the diaghram but the seals that are leaking that the main pin slides through or the 'o'rings that seal front and back of divertor.it is designed to leak through holes to stop any cross contamination between hot water and heating sytem water
you can fit full service kit but complete valve replacement recommended as not straight forward if you do not know this part
Primary water and system water are separate,that is how a diverter works,when diaphram is intact the two cannot mix as they enter the valve from different ports into seperate chambers of the diverter,sorry puddle to disagree.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
unbelievable
yes it is a difficult repair and can be very awkward best left alone for a diy job,but hey ho.

Thank you puddle,your advise is what i thought if diaphragm was leaking i would have trouble with hot tap water,which is why the diaphragm was replaced in the first place.It was fitted minus lubricant,not knowing any different hence the score marks on shaft.my question to you is cost of service kit V new assembly. Than you for your time and advise p.s senior member you should be a pond by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
oh, i see
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
It worked! Brilliant and amazing! This has...
Replies
Views
Back