Worcester Bosch 24i water going cold | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch 24i water going cold in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Can anyone shed a light as to why a Worcester Bosch 24i junior dhw sets off hot then after about 2 minutes goes cold then heats up but only slightly. Occurs at all taps and shower.

First thing that will affect it is incoming cold water temp, next will be is it going onto max burn on gas, if not it will be an issue with something inside the boiler and you will need a Gas Engineer to have a look,

You need a decent GSR. There's a few factors that can affect this, a proper diagnostic needs to be done. Plate to plate could want cleaning, flow turbine possibly, diverter cartridge, motor, is the boiler showing any fault codes on HW demand? Thermistors been checked? Never had an issue with heating? Heat exchanger needs inspecting also. If you have no problems with heating, I doubt it's a thermistor issue, exchange or gas related issue. Best of luck, hope you get sorted.

No it isn’t under warranty, it’s my brother in-laws boiler. Just thought I would try to gleen some info before he gets it repaired. Who should he get for the repair as I’ve read about gas guys just changing parts until they get right part and hit the owner with a massive bill.

Similar plumbing topics

T
  • Question
If you turned the boiler off it’s not the...
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
IME Mira showers of that age are usually very...
Replies
Views
Back