Worcester Bosch 28i Junior Condensing Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch 28i Junior Condensing Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrisUK

[FONT=&quot]Hi

I am after a bit of advice with regards to getting a replacement boiler fitted & wondered if you could help

We currently have a Baxi Genesis 80 Combi boiler in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom terraced house with 6 radiators, and were looking for a direct Combi boiler replacement. We have got a quote from Worcester Bosch, which is to fit a 28i Junior Condensing Combi Boiler which has come back at 2695 + VAT. This includes:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Worcester Bosch 28i Junior Condensing Combi Boiler[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]New horizontal flue[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Condense to Soil Stack[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Worcester Bosch DT10RF Digistat[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Reuse of existing electrical and gas supply[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]New Liff Limebeater 2 In Line Scale Inhibitor[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Alterations and additions to existing heating hot and cold water supplies as required[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Reuse of existing heating and hot water system, inc radiators & thermostatic radiator valves[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Add sludge remover, mains water flush & refill adding corrosion inhibitor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Please could you let us know if, in your opinion, this is a reasonable quote? I was hoping for something more around the 2k (inc VAT) mark for Worcester or Valliant type quality, but maybe I'm being too hopeful!

Thanks [/FONT]

Depends where you are in the country. Around here that is not too bad if it included a mechanical flush however very hard to be definitive as site is unseen

Why not go & get some more quotes from plumbers / heating engineers in your area ?

I don't quite understand what you are asking us for ? If I needed a new car I would be hoping to pay nil for it but in reality I would have to go to a number of different garages, tell them what I wanted & get prices, I might not buy from the cheapest cos my local one is easy to get too when it needs a service & they have not let me down when I have used them before. If the new car prices are outside my budget I stop looking a BMW or go for second hand.
Why would a new boiler be any different ?

I am in East Anglia

This is the first boiler i have had replaced & as I don't have any previous experience with prices vs what is included, I was just looking to do some research get a bit more information to make sure we are being quoted around about the right price for the work involved. I don't want to be ripped off, but also want a decent boiler & job done. I will be getting some other quotes, but wanted to see if this is around the price i should be expecting

I am in East Anglia

This is the first boiler i have had replaced & as I don't have any previous experience with prices vs what is included, I was just looking to do some research get a bit more information to make sure we are being quoted around about the right price for the work involved. I don't want to be ripped off, but also want a decent boiler & job done. I will be getting some other quotes, but wanted to see if this is around the price i should be expecting
Well it wasn't cos you already told us you were hoping for 2k so still not sure how we can help here ? Ask for advice from the people who you invite to quote you (ask other people you know if they can recommend a good one) & then make your choice ? just like me & my car.

Hi Chris.

The price you have been quoted is not unreasonable. That's not to say you couldn't get it done cheaper, the only way you can find that out, as others have pointed out, is to shop around.

I would be surprised (and a little suspicious) if you got a quote as low as your target price of £2k all inc. To get down to that price, you are going to have to cut corners somewhere - savings now that might cost you dearly in the future. There is always a bloke down the pub who will fit you a B&Q boiler onto existing pipe work without properly cleaning the system, just like there is always a "bargain" car on auto-trader or ebay.

I wouldn't employ the former or buy the latter, but there are plenty who will. Some even get away with it.

Sounds expensive to me, for a junior anyway, they're crap. Don't be swayed by the WB name!

When you say you got a quote from worcester bosch, what do you mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just asking for some unbiased advice from professionals on something I don't know a lot about. Why would i make a big decision and pay out a lot of money without doing some research of my own first? I would just like to know, is the price I have been quoted reasonable for the boiler & work involved?

If i was buying a car that I didn't know anything about I would be doing the same thing

Thanks everyone for your advice. The quote was from a WB accredited installer, I will get some other quotes, but I just wanted to know if this was around the price I would be looking at. Dancinplumba & TBservices - what would you recommend instead of WB?

intergas are the best imo, only 4 moving parts (less to go wrong) and come with 5year warranty. ideal logic+ comes with 7 years till end of year also try remeha .
please insist on a magnetic filter being installed on your system

I think it's very expensive for a combi swap. Especially using a junior (cheapest WB boiler).

If I managed to get that for a combi swap I'd only work 4 days a month lol.

I'd consider an alternative boiler, installer and push for a magnetic filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Ours is a Vaillant ecomax and it’s 17 years...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Worcester normally have a section in the...
Replies
Views
If your fitter repressurised the E.vessel then...
Replies
Views
Back