Worcester Bosch 30Si new room thermostat install | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch 30Si new room thermostat install in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

J

JasonC

I've got a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler and I'm trying to replace the room thermostat which has a faulty display.

The faulty thermostat is a DT10RF optimiser which is discontinued so I purchased a Comfort 2 RF which is supposed to be the equivalent replacement.

It should be a simple case of swapping out the receiver on the boiler which was easy enough but the new receiver doesn't power up with the boiler - the LED doesn't come on and the room thermostat shows fault A21 indicating it can't connect to the receiver.

The old receiver used a ribbon cable to connect to the boiler whereas the new one uses a 3 pin EMS bus connector but the installation guides for the boiler and thermostat suggest this should just work.

Has anybody successfully made this change? Is there another step required in the boiler to turn on the EMS bus connector?

Thanks.

Does it have the 3 contacts above where the old ribbon was plugged into eg 3 gold squares around 5mm big

Similar plumbing topics

It worked! Brilliant and amazing! This has...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes it's puzzling why only one company...
Replies
Views
Well, I don't really know. I was thinking the...
Replies
Views
It's up to you how you wish to proceed but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
and then... and then in a GERMAN boiler manual...
Replies
Views
PaoloTherm
P
Back