Worcester Bosch 35cdi Loosing Pressure | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch 35cdi Loosing Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jparker86

Hello,

I have a Worcester Bosch 35cdi Combi boiler loosing pressure.
It all started when I took a few rads off to paint behind them, and reinstalled them.

I topped system up to 1.5bar, bled the rads upstairs after boiler was working for 1.5hrs and heating with piping hot.

The only reason I noticed was that the mrs was moaning because I put "Eco" mode on the boiler, and water would take longer to come through warm in the morning.

When I opened the panel cover, I noted the pressure was on the 0 (In the red) but the boiler didn't display any fault codes or anything, which I thought was strange.

So again I topped up the pressure and and run the boiler. The pressure increased to almost 2.1 bar, but then overnight when I come back down to check the pressure had reduced to 1.25bar.

After a little while longer the pressure has gone even further towards 1 bar. Still in the green but for how long?

I put a little plastic tray underneath the copper waste pipe outside, but only a trickle of water and I think that had something to do with the thunderstorm we had in the afternoon, so PRV seems ok.

Water does seem to trickle out of the plastic pipe which I believe is the condensation pipe next to it but would assume that is normal?

Anyone else have any suggestions as to what it could be?

Thanks
Jason

Could of been air. Tape a plastic bag over the prv pipe to see ifs leaking.
Pressure rising when heating goes on is normal within limits. If it goes to 2.5 bar I would get it checked by a GSR engineer. How did you drain it?

check theres no visable signs on your rad glands of leakage and also theres no puddles under ur boiler ruling out cracked heat ex could ur pressure gage be faulty

Hello Guys,
Thanks for all your replies.
I have opened the cover off, checked the expansion vessel and air come out when I give it a press.
No leaks at all, I have put tissue paper under the boiler and its as dry as my hair on a summers afternoon.
Each time I fill the system its hovering around the 44deg mark, maybe i should only fill it when its stone cold.
The other thing to note is when I filled it up the pressure went sky high (but not in the red - 2.5bar) and I took out 4-5 pints of water from one of the rads to drop the pressure down back to 1.5bar.
J

I'd put money on one of the rads you moved having a teeny tiny leak. And you shouldn't be taking covers off boilers and p**ing about inside unless you are GSR or Mr Croppie will be very cross with you!!

I'd put money on one of the rads you moved having a teeny tiny leak. And you shouldn't be taking covers off boilers and p**ing about inside unless you are GSR or Mr Croppie will be very cross with you!!

Well I just went around and checked and what do you know, one of the rads had a tiny drip (one drop every couple of seconds).
Do you think this would be enough to explain half a bar a day in pressure drop?

Well I just went around and checked and what do you know, one of the rads had a tiny drip (one drop every couple of seconds).
Do you think this would be enough to explain half a bar a day in pressure drop?

I had a similar problem but with a much slower leak. It took about a week to lose 1 bar and the leak was hidden by the plastic pipe covers I had fitted, so no visible sign until I took all the covers off and found one with a telltale blue-green deposit on the copper and moisture inside the cover. Glad you found it so quickly - mine took a couple of months to find.

I had a similar problem but with a much slower leak. It took about a week to lose 1 bar and the leak was hidden by the plastic pipe covers I had fitted, so no visible sign until I took all the covers off and found one with a telltale blue-green deposit on the copper and moisture inside the cover. Glad you found it so quickly - mine took a couple of months to find.

Tell you what was ironic, the only reason I found it was because I was looking for my radiator bleed key and thought maybe i left it near one of the rads, and there I seen some tiny water drops on the skirting board. Who knows where all the water has gone to in the meantime but I am just just glad I found it.
Its been 3-4 hours now and no drop in pressure so fingers crossed.
J

tie a piece of tissue round each rad valve and leave for a bit to see if that's the only leaking rad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s sometimes is air but half of the problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a chattering float valve in the loft...
Replies
Views
Back