Worcester Bosch boiler flue. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch boiler flue. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

inspire-me

Hi, i am new here and need some advice. My sister has a Greenstar 24i junior it was fitted about 3 years ago and at her request the engineer fitted a right angled flu extension to keep the fumes away from a bedroom window. When she had her boiler serviced recently the (new) service engineer said although the flue is venting at least 4 foot below the roof level fumes may be entering the roof space via the (unvented) soffits. does this sound right?

he might be right thaat the POC's could re-enter via the soffits, if they are not completely sealed, but if the POC's entered via this gap they would be so diluted that they won't cause a problem, a room sealed boiler needs to be at least 300mm from any opening in a building so 4' (1200mm) is 4 times the minimum requirement it cnant be a problem

Thanks kirkgas, just one further question if i may, i have seen /read something about W/B flue terminal's (is that what the end bit is called) can be angled at about 45 degrees up or away from the wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
G
  • Question
In the reply box you will see attach files you...
Replies
Views
T
Do a slightly dodgy job and let the extractor...
Replies
Views
Pics please
Replies
Views
Back