Worcester bosch boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester bosch boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meady

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went round to price up for a heat only boiler to a combi swap yesterday. The woman is adamant on keeping the boiler in the same location which is in a kitchen cupboard that's only 310mm deep at most.

What I would like to know as I normally fit ideals (with a stand off kit to allow the pipes up the back they are to deep) do you need a stand off kit with the Worcester 28cdi compact as looking at the info there is space for the pipes to run up the back of the boiler without the need for a stand off kit and it will only be 280 deep or am I missing something?

Boiler - [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/heating-hot-water/boilers/gas-boilers/gas-combination-boilers/worcester-28cdi-compact-combi.html"]Worcester 28cdi Compact Combi - Gas Combination Boilers - Gas Boilers - Boilers - Heating & Hot Water | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

Manufacturers instructions (page 5) - http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/cache/file/561/installation-manual-for-greenstar-cdi-compact.pdf

Cheers for any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Page 14 shows you can take the Flow Return Hot and Cold within the frame, not sure on the rest! That's without a standoff kit.

Yes all behind the boiler except gas. You need to buy a vertical piping jig for about 40 quid but saves loads of time!

Are you able I do it without buying the pre piping kit, or do you have to use it?

You don't need to use it mate

Im not sure, on the compact the pipes twist all round jig, would be a lot less hassle with the vertical set in my opinion! I never bother on the cdi's tho as there more straight forward!

Yep your right you will need to use a pipe bender....or pay extra as suggested.

I would create more in scrap value than the the cost of a vertical piping kit lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 66
Yep that's a time saver alright , for £40 I'd suck it up and buy!
Had the wrong end of the stick and had it in my head you had to mount the boiler on an extra jig!!

if only you could take one of worcesters bending machines to work with you, nowt like a tight bend to get around arkward things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
J
In a simular situation to yourself, partners...
Replies
Views
Back