Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i return pipe cold, downstairs rads cold | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i return pipe cold, downstairs rads cold in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Had a bit of a nightmare with a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i system boiler, problem as follows:

Upstairs rads getting hot, downstairs rads still cold, return pipe into boiler also cold.

We've had a power flush, new fan in boiler, new pump, still the same problem. The first rad on the system upstairs gets boiling hot, flow pipe on first drop warm, not quite reaching rad, return cold. All other drops cold on both flow and return.

The downstairs rads aren't blocked, because opening the drain valve on the return of each drop, and the hot water does get into the rad.

The return pipe into the boiler is also cold, there's some kind of valve on this return pipe just above the boiler, is it worth getting rid of this, as I believe it's not needed and have been told it could be restricting the flow.

After the power flush, the downstairs rads worked for around a week, but now they're not getting hot again. I do a bit of plumbing work myself, and have put new TRVs and lockshields on the rads, but we've also had 4 plumbers out, and the problem still isn't resolved.

The only thing I can think it is, is a blockage on the return pipe somewhere, but is this even possible being that a full power flush has been done?

Any replies really appreciated!

Cheers

Thanks for the replies, to answer:

All pipe is 15mm to rads, 22mm flow and return from boiler.

The valve does appear to be y type valve yes.

The pump is on setting 3.

Shall I check the y valve, or just remove it and replace with a magnaclean?

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I can't afford it at the moment, but I had one...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
  • Question
we have 2 separate valves and they both open...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Back