Worcester Bosch i30 Greenstar PRV and Expansion Chamber replacement | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch i30 Greenstar PRV and Expansion Chamber replacement in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all

What kind of time is required to replace the Pressure Relief Valve and the expansion chamber in a 6 year old Worcester Bosch i30 Greenstar? Is this a 3 hour job?

Also what kind of price would be reasonable? I am using a new gas engineer and I want to verify that his bill is fair. I am in Central Scotland.

Thanks

Have you checked whether the boiler is still under warranty? ISTR that six years ago WB boilers were being sold with six or seven year manufacturer's warranties. Also compare whatever quote you are given with the cost of a 'fixed price repair' by Worcester Bosch themselves. If it hasn't had a new set of electrodes and gasket yet they may well do that for you at the same time. Details on their web site.

£150 for parts

So £110 labour so £60 per hour that’s normal don’t forget his had a visit to diagnose so works out £45 an hour

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Looks like a faulty or incorrect set Automatic...
Replies
Views
According to the manual if there's over 340mm...
Replies
Views
Back