Worcester Bosch or Vaillant? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch or Vaillant? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Which? report on gas boiler brands (marginally) favours Worcester Bosch over Vaillant but the Engineer's replies seem to suggest that the Vaillant is easier to fix. A number of users have spoken to me very highly of the Worcester Bosch in the past few days - I accept that they can only speak of what they have got.

Is there any particular reason to favour one brand over the other (Vaillant ecoTEC plus 430 - vs- Worcester Bosch Green Star 30ri)?

On another front, I currently have a system involving a hot water cylinder. The quote I have had from British Gas (Vaillant) is for a replacement condensing boiler. A couple of people have asked why I haven't considered a doing away with the hot water cylinder and utilising a Combi Boiler. Does this make sense?

My apologies if the first question is impossible to answer and the second makes no sense - I am a complete novice at this. many thanks for any replies.

Welcome to the forum.

I would strongly advise you to get three quotes and compare them. You'll very likely get a better install at a cheaper price than BG can or want to provide you.

Anything fitted properly will be fine. I wouldn't chose either, Intergas, ATAG or Viessmann would be mine but that just me.

Hello and welcome. Worcester are recommended by which as they pay them the most!
If you ask engineers you will get a different responses from them on which is the best boiler on the market.
As to having a combi, it depends on your house set up ie how many bathrooms, how many family members etc etc

Hello and welcome. Worcester are recommended by which as they allegedly pay them the most!
If you ask engineers you will get a different responses from them on which is the best boiler on the market.
As to having a combi, it depends on your house set up ie how many bathrooms, how many family members etc etc

Inserted one word before the forum gets sued unless you have proof of course in which case please forgive me.

<SNIP>
Thanks for that.

House is semi-detached two floors and a loft conversion. Five bedrooms, bathroom, shower room, one very large reception room, large kitchen/dining room. 17 radiators in total. I would aim to fit a boiler suitable to the house rather than the current occupants.

Combis aren't suit to property's of your size. I would post in the section looking for engineer [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]
One of the forum guys might be in your neck of the woods

Not a case of falling back really a combi will not deal with the demands and you will not be satisfied

A large combi could deal with two hot outlets, not ideal but not impossible.

Might be depending on the incoming main...

the only way i could see is use of a storage combi but still not the best

A decent combi will flow enough for two hot outlets. 16l/m is enough for most, not the best but not shabby by any measure.

Last edited:
The only way I could see is put an unvented cylinder and system boiler with appropriate controls

A decent combi will flow enough for two hot outlets. 16l/m is enough for most, not the best but not shabby by any measure.

how thats less than 8lpm per shower most require 10lpm min

That is hot water, don't forget it's blended with cold. Also remember the max flow for a shower outlet.

yea but you dont know his incoming flow rate so it could only be 16lpm so it will still be less

If a Combi is not the best solution - but might be possible - for the life of me, I can't see why one would go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It worked! Brilliant and amazing! This has...
Replies
Views
2021 and I have still got my trusty turbomax...
Replies
Views
Jiten bulsara
J
Replies
Views
    • Funny
I have exactly the same problem! Is there a...
Replies
Views
Mrloaf
M
Back