Worcester Bosch | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys?

Not about a boiler this time. I'm just wondering if anyone works for Worcester or knows someone who works for them. I'm thinking of applying for a job that has just come up with them, but want to know some further information about the role.

Cheers!

I've felt with a few Worcester engineers and they haven't a bad word to say about the company. Get well trained, given good tools, shiney new van etc. They just cover quite a big area. If a job came up by me I would be very tempted.

I don't think they pay is great if it's the same job that was posted a while ago

Do you guys know if its shift work or just standard 9-5 or what ever?

A bloke I used to work with went to them I think it's performance related so you get bonuses for a few things or at least it used to be.

Basic starts at £30-32k, annual pay reviews and can go up to £39k depending depending on performance, etc...

I've got an interview with Worcester next week, does anyone know what sort of questions they'll ask? I'm guessing there'll be some sort of technical test or something.

A mate of mine left worcester, apparently they get shafted on recall bonus, he was there seven years, i was speaking to one of their chief breakdown boys the other day and they are getting shafted and had to take big pay cuts, they are on about 27k and for that they work their titties off. think the service dudes are on about 20

Well I accepted the job offer, I was speaking to one of their other engineers and he reckons the performance bonus is easy to achieve and he reckons he only does about 5 jobs a day depending on travel. Guess I'll have to wait and see!!

Well I accepted the job offer, I was speaking to one of their other engineers and he reckons the performance bonus is easy to achieve and he reckons he only does about 5 jobs a day depending on travel. Guess I'll have to wait and see!!

What we're the tests you had to do and questions? Do they give you training also

Nice one. We know who to PM when we have a troublesome Worcester now haha.

Would be good to hear about the process...

I guess they'll pair you with an experienced chap for a few day before letting you loose?

Always thought this site needed a Worcester insider for the troublesome boilers & now we have one :)

They used to train you up on one boiler & that's all you would work on for about 6mths then on to another model and so on chap I knew did 6 call a day any more he did and he was on a commission

I think the service manager said that there's about 6 weeks training before you're out on your own, 4 weeks in the heat office and then a couple of weeks buddied up with one of the engineers.

They're also putting me through my LPG and oil qualifications, so more training for that as well.

The tests were pretty easy, they just wanted to see that you worked logically. I think one fault was a neutral fault, then there was a flue overheat fault and they tried simulating a blocked heat exchanger so the boiler couldn't fire, but it fired anyway, so they were just asking me about fan depression test and what would cause a low pressure. And then quizzed on a bit of gas safety. (that was in the 2nd interview)

1st interview was basically, sell yourself to them, technical questions, and then any questions I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
thanks again pork chop i will go for the 25kw...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
T
  • Question
If you turned the boiler off it’s not the...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Back