worcester bosh 28i no ignition | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester bosh 28i no ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32524

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi there,

looking for some help. working on a bosh 28i junior greenstar. not igniting. got a spark but no ignition. gas valve, maybe? got current going to it but does not open on p1 when trying to ignite. maybe air pressure switch?

Fan, pump running.

Thanks,

Duncan

Hi there,

looking for some help. working on a bosh 28i junior greenstar. not igniting. got a spark but no ignition. gas valve, maybe? got current going to it but does not open on p1 when trying to ignite. maybe air pressure switch?

Fan, pump running.

Thanks,

Duncan

Greenstar don't use APS for fan, it's done by the fan PCB tachometer, condensing or SE.?

condencing. no aps?! ok thanks. i have only had a quick look thought i saw it up the back. I take it that must monitor the flue then.

condencing. no aps?! ok thanks. i have only had a quick look thought i saw it up the back. I take it that must monitor the flue then.
Top left back there is an APS yes, monitors for flue blockage, wired in series with overheat and flue stat.

what gas valve is on it sit or prettle? Either way put manometer on inlet see if it drops on ignition, if it drops and probes are ok zero governor is crackered, if no drop one of solenoids faulty..... To test spark turn off gas remove probes sit them on heat ex and create demand, you should see a good strong spark!

there is no drop on gas valve during the sequence. locked gas off and tried it with u gauge on inlet. I took the leads off and sparked them on my scredriver, would i need to take the assembly out? the spark might have looked a little weak.

no idea what gas valve it is. I think it is original.

Last edited:
They have an aps. Not known one play up though tbh. One of the only boiler I know of that still uses an APS. They call it a flue pressure switch though and it's located at the top left of the boiler. But if it's sparking, then chances are it's the gas valve. Check the resistance of the 2 wires that come off each of the 2 solenoids at the multi pin block connecting to the pcb, you should get ~ 180ohms on one and 360ohms on the other. If you have OL or strange figures it'll be that.

Last edited:
No, new valve. They're common for going and is now a different valve. You have to change a few other bits with it too, but it's all included in the kit. It's not too difficult to do, but the screws holding the valve in are a little awkward. I've changed about 10 now. And about the same with fans. Seem to last about 5 years and expire!!!!!

Thanks Arran. Can i change the solenoid/s or is a new valve?
If solenoids on the front it's a sit, straight swap....if solonoids on rear prettle valve, all bits in kit to swap over then set up Co2

god advice. Thank you all for your help. it is the one with the purple wires coming off the back. i really appreciate the help. thanks guys.

god advice. Thank you all for your help. it is the one with the purple wires coming off the back. i really appreciate the help. thanks guys.
Prettle then junk valve and outlet hose, fit sit valve just swap outlet pipe to new valve with hose with o ring, comes in kit! Set up high and low co2 9.8% & 9.2%

Top left back there is an APS yes, monitors for flue blockage, wired in series with overheat and flue stat.

what gas valve is on it sit or prettle? Either way put manometer on inlet see if it drops on ignition, if it drops and probes are ok zero governor is crackered, if no drop one of solenoids faulty..... To test spark turn off gas remove probes sit them on heat ex and create demand, you should see a good strong spark!

Hi Vern i had this couple of weeks ago on a worcester. I put my manometer on he working pressure nipple and it dropped to zero when it tried to ignite. Is that what you are refering to? Nice info if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice...
Replies
Views
Back