Worcester Bosh Boiler 28SI II Fault Indicator Light | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosh Boiler 28SI II Fault Indicator Light in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rachelspencer

My Worcester bosh boiler for some time now has been losing pressure and letting out water from the release valve (the pipe outisde the house. Have had a heating engineer out and and they have changed the expansion vessel, whilst this has solved the problem of pressure I now have a new problem.........When I fire up the heating and it has run for half an hour or so I am now getting the fault indicator light flash at me, whilst this is flashing I am not able to get any hot water as the boiler will not ignite. Once I have reset the boiler and it cools off I am then able to switch heating on and have hot water on demand. Any one have any idea's as my enginner seems to think I need a new heat exchanger and this is very costly to fix and I would be wiser putting in a new boiler, but my boiler is only 5 years old. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

Get him to do basic checks on your temp sensors and overheat stat first to see they are ok. if you are unhappy with the advice call in another engineer, although i dont like wb boilers as they seem overcomplicated compared to some they should last 5 years plus. last resort, call in wb engineer direct to sort the problem, cost more but repair would hopefully be guaranteed. get your hw heat exchanger flushed thro/changed and this should solve overheat problem, no need to change boiler if thats faulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mr SafegasInstall it flushes quite quickly, all joking apart I'm still having problems with the boiler............ when the indicator flashes and I reset the boiler, when it fires up it's making a hell of a racket!!!!!! I've already spent over £120 and the boiler is still not working and engineer has told me it is time to replace, but the boiler is only 5 years old. Any help would be really appreciated!

i was not joking about it as this is one of the way to fault find W bosch boilers!

i would not personally recommend you to change the boiler

just call another Gas Engineer to have a look at it !

when it goes to lock out how does it flash ? i am not winding you up !

where about do you live ?

Hi Mr SafegasInstall, When the boiler goes into lock out the fault indicator light flashes quickly, I then to have to reset the boiler and let the bolier cool before I can switch back on. The engineer that came out to fit the new expansion vessel has said where I have been topping the boiler pressure up with water this could have left scale on the heat exchanger, and thinks it is this that needs replacing!!!!!!
I live in Bristol........why do you know a good engineer???

hmmm sorry to far for me ,as i am in W London !

Some one here might be closer to you !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back