Worcester bosh combi boiler strange pressure problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester bosh combi boiler strange pressure problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

ive been having problems with my boiler banging at night so ive had all my radiators changed and on Saturday had M C 3+ cleaner through the system and sentinel x100 inhibitor put in the boiler was fine that night
Sunday night about 3 in the morning the boiler banged then i could hear a woosh of water going through the boiler and another bang

this afternoon i heard the boiler fill up so i watched the pressure gauge while it was filling it lost pressure into the red usually sits on 1 bar and running rich (smell gas)after it had stopped filling the pressure went back up to 1 didn't hear the pipes bang this afternoon

any ideas help gratefully received

Firstly, if you can smell gas, turn off at the emergency control valve and call 0800 111 999.

Check your filling loop/key isn’t ppen or passing, this can build up pressure, discharge externally then refill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, if you can smell gas, turn off at the emergency control valve and call 0800 111 999.

Check your filling loop/key isn’t ppen or passing, this can build up pressure, discharge externally then refill.

Check your filling loop/key isn’t open or passing, this can build up pressure, discharge externally then refill.
thanks for the reply no gas leak just a wee smell of gas in the air for a second as the pressure dropped
boiler is off till Thursday until its looked at by my gas man its interesting you mention the filling loop/key because the plumbers always leave it in and I'm sure ive been told you shouldn't do that (i wont take it out i don't touch the boiler) over the last 18mnts ive had all my rads changed not all at once and Ive got myself totally convinced that the banging has got something to do with the extra rad i had put in the kitchen something to do with it feeding of the main rad (a plumber told its back to front but wouldn't make the boiler bang )and dosnt get very hot its getting taken out

Its got to fixed whatever it is ive asked the gas man to come and check the whole boiler to see if he can find the problem and fix it

again thanks for your reply very much appreciated this boiler it driving me mad

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
wait till cold , then drain/fill to 1bar and...
Replies
Views
Back