Worcester CD26i Xtra Combi Boiler Issue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester CD26i Xtra Combi Boiler Issue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grs18

Hi, Looking for some advice as to what the following issue may be. We have a Worcester CD26i combi boiler (about 7 years old) and within the last couple of weeks we are struggling to get hot water upstairs, the taps just run cold (sink, bath and shower). However, when the heating is on we get hot water to the upstairs taps. Heating on or off the downstairs taps produce hot water fine. It's only started within the last couple of weeks - anyone got any ideas as to the problem?

Cheers

You could have a check valve jammed and cold water is mixing with hot. Have you got a mains fed shower mixing valve?
If yes, can you isolate shower and then test. Dont think its a boiler problem imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
erm, maybe....:smilewinkgrin:, the shower (a gainsborough ambassador mixer) is supplied from the same source as the upstairs sink and bath. Sorry to be so dumb but where might the mixer valve be!!??

ok, have isolated the shower supply but water still runs cold to both the sink and bath, any other ideas!!??

oh yeh!! Same result though, hot water not coming through upstairs?

Is the basin a mixer tap? Isolate this and test.
If you have fine hot water down stairs, there should be no reason that upstairs be fine. (there must be something mixing upsairs ?)

Does the boiler fire when you draw water off upstairs?

Put hot water on (downstairs) and CH pipes get hot and we have hot water. Upstairs hot water on, CH pipes not getting hot and boiler not firing

Hi tipintim, no the basin or bath are not mixers, just the shower. The boiler isn't firing when the hot taps/shower are on upstairs

you need to call your local gas safe register engineer or

post here [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Sounds like diverter (jammed), but you get hot down stairs?! Beats me without seeing it. What area are you?

Almost definitely the divertor valve assembly.
Need this changed by a competent person. Bit awkward on these boilers so call a local engineer.
Get the plate heat exchanger cleaned out while it is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Hi we’re the boiler sited
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back