Worcester Combi Boiler Losing Pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Combi Boiler Losing Pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thedoors

Had a service this morning, just moved into a 2 bedroom flat, and the boiler is losing pressure. I've been told the expansion tank needs replacing and will cost £200 for the part. Is this accurate as after doing a quick google search expansion tanks are being sold for well under £200!

Any advice would be grand!

Hi 'thedoors' and :welcome: to the forum :)

Personally you will be better off with a second opinion unless the engineer spent some time verifying that the "expansion tank" was indeed at fault and explained to you the issues they'd found! It's not unknown but still unusual for someone to suggest what you've said purely from a service visit IMHO :)

Had a service this morning, just moved into a 2 bedroom flat, and the boiler is losing pressure. I've been told the expansion tank needs replacing and will cost £200 for the part. Is this accurate as after doing a quick google search expansion tanks are being sold for well under £200!

Any advice would be grand!

Ah, but, will google fit it :)

As Diamond said get a second opinion.

As above.. best get a second opinion before you shell out.

It also depends on which boiler and vessel you are talking about.
In internal vessel which is specifically designed to fit inside a certain boiler will be more expensive than a generic vessel that is fitted outside of the boiler.

Several different faults can cause pressure loss - most obviously being a leak, if he has diagnosed the expansion vessel being faulty then I assume he has found something that makes him sure that the vessel is blown.
When the boiler is on does water run/ drop out of a copper pipe outside the house below the boiler flue?
When the boiler is off and cold - what is your pressure set to?
When you turn the boiler on and let it heat for 10 minutes does it rise to around/ above 3 bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back